This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 great customers tonight

Okay, so there was more than that, but 7 worth posting about.
    The first 6 were a group. They had all been playing blackjack. They had to close the table because the dealer is diabetic and could not wait for a replacement before he had to eat and take his insulin (it was real busy tonight and the person who was supposed to replace him had already been called in early and was working another table that he couldn't leave). I was prepared for the shit storm of entitled bitching that was about to come... and never came. They wanted to put in a commendation for him after they found out that he was already over half an hour late to go to break before finally telling the pit boss he couldn't wait any more, and they thought that was simply going above and beyond for them and that they felt horrible making him wait that long, that if they had known he was diabetic they would have volunteered to leave his table right when his break had been scheduled. They also had rave reviews for the coctail server that had been serving them.
    Then shortly after helping them I had a guest come in as a walk in, she is a high roller, and amazingly enough was eligible for comps tonight, despite it being a general black out date. Now, if there was a way I could screw up her reservation, I did it. First I checked her into a room that was scheduled to be taken off the market tomorrow for preventative maintainence, and she wanted a two night stay, well, I moved her into a second room that should have been available, and as I'm about to hand her the keys, the night auditor rushes out from the back office, "hold off on that room"... his screen had just popped up with a "duplicate keys issued" warning (he is quasi-supervisor on duty, so his login will give him warnings and notices like that... which really would have been useful for the rest of us also, at least for that one in particular) and he couldn't verify whether or not the room was occupied... and it was way too late to call it. The guest, rather than being upset simply said, "it's okay, I know how busy you are tonight, I'm just happy that you can find me a room, take your time, I'm going to head over to the slots, just hold my key for me and I'll be back"
    For that polite and rational response, we were more than happy to bump her up to a suite for no extra charge (she's a high enough roller to not be subject to black out dates, but not quite enough to be ordinarily comped the second largest suite in the hotel).
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Glad to hear that in all the madness that there are sane people out there. I'm willing to bet the first group either knows someone who's diabetic or one of them was themselves, and also willing to bet that they've worked in a service position as well.

Second lady has class.
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

Comment

Working...
    X