X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Day of Things

Good Thing:

Manager said I didn't have to do one of the major chores because of some remodeling that was going to be done tomorrow. Which was awesome because I was working with this girl who is dumber than a box of rocks and I can't leave her alone for a moment or she'll have a line ten people deep. She's sweet...but dumb.

Bad Things:

Men throw bitch-fits when you try to clean the bathroom.

Every lottery customer ever decided to come in on the same day and CW (the box of rocks) was working lottery.

Good Things:

Divine justice. Since Box of Rocks was doing lottery they didn't stay very long because she would either mess up their lottery really badly or repeat every number back to them three times. Hahahahahaha. So much awesome.

Bad Thing:

Mr. "I Want to See Your Manager" otherwise known as SC had a stop in today.

SC: I need to talk to your manager.
    Me: The manager is in every business day between 6 and 2 but I can see if I can help you.
    SC: Well I prepaid here like X weeks ago and I called back in and the girl who took my money, she had earrings, she said that if I came back then the manager would have my money.
    Me: And this was like X weeks ago?
    SC: Yeah.
    Me: Well that would probably be in the safe and I don't have the keys. Would you like me to call her?
    SC: *getting irritated* You mean I would have to come back between 6 and 2 to get my gas?
    Me: I can call the manager.
    SC: Okay...you do that.

So I call the Manager. She doesn't pick up. So I call the only girl who has earrings who works up front. She says she doesn't remember XX dollars at all and wouldn't promise something like that anyway since she would have access to the manager at that time (first shift).

Me: I can't get a hold of the manager but I have alerted her to the situation.
    SC: Well you can just credit XX dollars onto my card.
    Me: ...uhm. What?
    SC: Yeah, my card right here.
    Me: I can't do that sir. I also called the girl you thought you talked to and she says that X weeks ago she can't remember that.
    SC: SELECTIVE MEMORY. It was only Y weeks ago! She said that the manager would have my money. She had these hoops. She said that she would tell the manager and she would be able to help me.

Here's where I stop and must pause this scene. 1. Our current manager hasn't been there for X weeks...not even Y. She's the FIRST FEMALE MANAGER WE'VE EVER HAD. So not only did X weeks change to Y weeks but he also somehow knew that the manager was FEMALE despite her not actually BEING THE MANAGER X or even Y weeks ago. And he also stated that the "earrings" were "hoops." She doesn't have hoops. She has GAUGES.

And there's where all motivation ended.

Me: Well I'm sorry sir but the best I can do for you is give you the store number and the manager's name.

BOOM. DONE. And I texted the manager and warned her about him.

The guy's quick to call you out on selective memory, but at that point I would have pointed out his selective hearing when you said only the manager would credit back his card, not you.

Comment

Yeah sounds like a scam cos... you're suppose to just give him money without proof other than him claiming "the manager said so"... and how dare you expect him to wait for the manager to confirm this?

Yes these are the droids we are looking for. Your Jedi powers have failed you!
      Last edited by PepperElf; 03-01-2013, 04:57 PM. Reason: Cos *MY* Jedi powers are pwned by tyops.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        Yeah sounds like a scam cos... you're suppose to just give him money without proof other than him claiming "the manager voices in my head said so"... and how dare you expect him to wait for the actual manager to confirm this?
        Fixed for you.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl; quoting PepperElf
          Yeah sounds like a scam cos... you're suppose to just give him money without proof other than him claiming "the manager JEDI voices in my head said so"... and how dare you expect him to "wait for the actual manager Emperor to confirm this when I Darth Suck have spoken?
          Fixed your fix. buahahahah!

I think I'm losing my mind....

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
            when you said only the manager would credit back his card, not you.
            Except the OP never said the manager would credit anything. Just basically that SC would have to talk to manager and that she was alerted to the situation.

Wanna bet SC comes back and claims that Gaki agreed to give him a credit?
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
            X