This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geography Lessons!

I'm expecting a package from Amazon (Etrian Odyssey IV for those who care) and I was tracking it last night. Earlier yesterday it was in Phoenix, but later was in Ontario, CA. I called Amazon because I believed the package left the U.S. Imagine my surprise when I found out that there is an Ontario, California. I had a good chuckle with the rep.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Yeah I'd have thought the same thing too. I wonder how many mixups that city's postoffice gets ...

Comment

Oddly enough, I did a similar double take today. However, I did not call the vendor. The package originated in Ontario, CA. Then I looked again and saw "Ontario, CA, United States"
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        Yeah I'd have thought the same thing too. I wonder how many mixups that city's postoffice gets ...
        Probably more than the number of mixups that arrive in Canada that way.

Comment

I have a feeling that very few items get mixed up between the two countries. No way that the respective postal systems or UPS mix that up because there's no way to confuse a zip code with a postal code....which of course is the most important sorting info of the address.

Zip code: 12345
          Postal code: A1B 2C3

Comment

I think it's wolfie who's ratted out some motherin' truckers who couldn't...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I ordered some mailleing supplies from Saskatchewan to be shipped to South Dakota. The package left Canada and landed in North Dakota - all good and fine, it should be through customs and to me within two days or so. But the gods were unhappy, and my package took a side trip through Minnesota before taking a right turn and arriving four days later in South Dakota.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

When I get books from Amazon, and they go usps, they go to the city 2 hrs south of me, then past me to a city about 5 hours or more north, then west to a city a few hundred miles that way, then back to me se another few hundred miles. an extra 4-6 days travel than you would think necessary...

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  I think it's wolfie who's ratted out some motherin' truckers who couldn't...
                  The link in Argus' post goes to one of my posts where loading dock crews (NOT truckers) couldn't tell the difference between Ontario CA (city in California) and Ontario CA (province in Canada).
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I recently mailed (by FC International) a video to someone in Canada, starting from Mississippi...According to the tracking info, it went there via Miami >_> Whyyyy...? Last time I checked, Memphis was a lot closer, it's a major hub, and it's actually on the way to the destination x.x
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      I recently mailed (by FC International) a video to someone in Canada, starting from Mississippi...According to the tracking info, it went there via Miami >_> Whyyyy...? Last time I checked, Memphis was a lot closer, it's a major hub, and it's actually on the way to the destination x.x
                      I've ordered books from the USA to be shipped to Canada. From all the stamps/stickers on the package, it went to Austria and Holland before getting here. I should have kept the wrapping. It was epic.
                      It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

Working...
                      X