This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That is so unkind of you not to post a sign"

There is a department store across from a parking garage that I worked at yesterday that is closing sometime this month. The department store employees park in the garage that I worked at as well as the customers. The parking fee for Saturday's at this particular garage is $5.00. The department store used to validate parking, but since it is closing this month, I am not sure if they still do that for anyone.

Female customer pulls up to the cashier booth that I was working in and gives me the ticket that she pulled. Here is what happened.

me: "It will be $5.00."
    female customer: "Do you validate customers parking?"
    me: "I'm sorry, but we don't. You will have to ask the department store if they do."
    female customer: "Then why is there not a sign stating this? That is so unkind of you to do this."
    me:" Because we cannot guarantee that the dept. store will validate parking."
    female customer: "But that it so unkind of you not to do that."
    me: "Well that is because we cannot guarantee that the dept. store will validate parking. If we tell the customer to ask the dept. store if they validate parking, & the dept. store does not, then the customer comes to us upset and mad, & tells us that the dept. store did not validate their parking. So we cannot guarantee that the dept. store will do that."

Female customer stops talking, but there is an annoyed look on her face. She hands me a $10.00 bill. I give her $5.00 back. She leaves.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 03-03-2013, 12:49 PM.

Like customers really look at signs anyway. If there WAS a sign, she'd complain that it wasn't big enough, or that it was where she couldn't see it (even though it might have been RIGHT IN HER FACE). She just wanted something to complain about.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
      Like customers really look at signs anyway. If there WAS a sign, she'd complain that it wasn't big enough, or that it was where she couldn't see it (even though it might have been RIGHT IN HER FACE). She just wanted something to complain about.
      Or she'd complain about the fact that you can't guarantee the department store will validate their parking.

Yeah, she was fishing for something to kvetch about.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

It makes sense to have a sign up saying "Free parking with validation from <deptstore>", but not a sign saying that they do NOT validate >_< Eeesh.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Er, what parking garage validates their own tickets anyway? Wouldn't that just be free parking with added complication?
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

ATTENTION PARKING GARAGE PATRONS

This garage does not validate parking for patrons.
            This garage does not offer free parking.
            This garage does not care if you "just need a minute."
            This garage does not change your oil, wiper blades, or install snow chains.
            This garage does not iron your pleats.
            This garage does not listen to Van Halen, although your garage attendant may.
            This garage does not believe you have read the sign.

Comment

Working...
            X