This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIMBY!

This siege happened one suburb away from us.

... sigh. I know these things happen. I know they can happen anywhere, near anyone. But please... not in MY backyard!
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Seshat, I know what that's like. It's scary enough when it's in the next town over. Imagine though, if it was right next door.

I'm never sure what to expect at work. This went on in 2008. Even though the actual shooting didn't happen close by, it did involve a SWAT team raid on the apartment building next door to my office! Seems one of the drug ring "employees" was either living in that building, or using it to store his wares.

Then that building got a visit from US Marshals in February I don't know if they were looking for the same guy, or another asshole. But, they surrounded the building...scaring the shit out of one of my coworkers...who happened to be sitting in her vehicle, which was parked out front

It truly is scary when you see heavily-armed teams forcing their way into a building like that. In fact, when the February raid went down, our building was on "lockdown" status for several days after.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
    X