This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do? Bad driving edition

So, lets say you are driving in an unfamiliar city. You see an ambulance coming up behind you and all the locals are slowing down to a near stop in the right lane (no shoulder).
    Do you:
    A. Follow the locals examples on the idea that they might know something you don't.
    B. Cut out into the left lane, cutting off the ambulance who everyone was stopping for because we knew that they were getting off at the next exit most likely (that is where the closest hospital is) and wanted to keep the way to that exit clear.

If you chose B. today (which I know someone did), congratulations, you did it in front of a cop. Hope you enjoyed the light show
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

We did the reverse in Vancouver BC once...we were so used to pulling over to the right for ambulances south of the border that we pulled right...and then realized everyone else was pulling over to the left. (I was not driving, but I probably would have had the same instinct reaction as our driver.) When we got to our destination the other car travelling behind us (whose driver was from Vancouver) asked how we liked playing Dances with Ambulances...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      We did the reverse in Vancouver BC once...we were so used to pulling over to the right for ambulances south of the border that we pulled right...and then realized everyone else was pulling over to the left. (I was not driving, but I probably would have had the same instinct reaction as our driver.) When we got to our destination the other car travelling behind us (whose driver was from Vancouver) asked how we liked playing Dances with Ambulances...
      They pull to the left in Vancouver??? I've only ever pulled to the right here on the east coast. I suppose you could pull left if there was a lane not obscuring the ambulances path there.

Comment

Only time I did anything close to that was in Nashville. I was in a left hand turn lane, heard an ambulance and pulled to the side more to give them room... only to realize they were right behind me!

So I took my turn fast and pulled to the shoulder to get out of their way.

Comment

Working...
        X