This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seraph View Post
    I used to only have the occasional weird dream, having them every single time I drift off is just out of the norm for me.
    Quoth Seraph
    Enemy of Normalcy

As for the dreams, I was always of the opinion that if the dream was merely the subconscious blowing off steam, you don't remember it. BUT if it was your subconscious trying to tell you something/deal with a particularly nasty problem, then you remember it.

Since dreams are often confusing, maybe talking to a psychologist/psychiatrist who specializes in dream analysis would tell you why you are having these weird dreams, and help you determine the best course of action to stopping them.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth static
      Maybe lay off the dairy and see if that makes a difference? I usually never dream but I've been drinking a lot of milk the past couple of weeks and I've been having mad dreams since then.
      Hm, actually, haven't really had much. I can't stand the taste of milk, so I'm all Silk soymilk here, lol.

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
      I see what you did there! D:
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I feel your pain.

I have crazy vivid nightmares sometimes and they are always about what happened that day and involve my children getting hurt/killed over and over.

And of course I wake up in tears feeling like the worst mother in the world.
        It makes me very wary to go anywhere with my children.

I've cut out sugar/caffiene/chocolate/dairy before bed and sometimes that helps. I try to think about good things before falling asleep too. Not sure how to make it stop completely though.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

<hugs Kana> hun, you are an amazing mother, you do a TON for your kids, and for your family in general. Seriously, you are an awesome woman, and just how much of a burden you bear....I'm floored by you. You are a really special person, and never forget that. You are NOT a terrible mom.

Comment

Sorry for the late response; Seraph, have you been taking any analgesics? I've heard of them causing weird dreams in some people; ibuprofen especially.

Comment

Yeah, I've actually been taking ibuprofen a lot more recently due to headaches...which, coincidentally have been increasing in frequency.

I'm starting to think all of this just might be hinging on the stress that's just been piling up exponentially as of late. I mean, nightmares/weird dreams are increasing, chest pain anxiety attacks increasing, headaches are getting worse....I'm either developing latent mutant abilities (probably pyrokinesis) or stressing myself to death.

Comment

When I had my sleep study done a couple years ago for apnea, something I found out is that vivid dreams are a symptom of poor sleep. Expanding on what TheShadow said, anything that gives you a "fake" sleep, such as NyQuil, Tylenol PM, alcohol, antihistamines, etc, could come into play.

Here is a tip that I know will be tough for most of us... Turn off the TV/computer/video screen at least an hour before going to bed. Try reading (ink on paper, no e-readers) instead.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                X