Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda like my wife I guess. She had a job. It worked well for us. They kinda screwed her and she got caught up in lay offs.

Now since child care is so expensive, she does jobs for her mom (at a wage that is pretty awesome considering wife doesn't even have her diploma)

But her mom has t paid her a dime in 2 months. And she won't get a job. Yes I make a good wage. But our new house, two new puppies, my car and our other expenses basically suck up the 3200-4000 a month I make. Leaving nothing for me from my hard work.

Shit like this causes nothing but issues in a relationship

Comment

Update: Took him two and a half weeks to tell me. I am seriously thinking about what kind of future (if any) I see between us.

Comment

Quoth Rhania506 View Post
        I am seriously thinking about what kind of future (if any) I see between us.
        I suppose that depends on what sort of salary you bring in, and whether he does housework very well...

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
          I suppose that depends on what sort of salary you bring in, and whether he does housework very well...
          Somehow I get the feeling he's going to expect her to hold down a job AND do the housework. Been there, done that, never again.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
            That would be a deal breaker for me.
            ^

If he's that unmotivated at 55, it ain't gonna change.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post

As somebody who's a couple of years older than your boyfriend, I would have been hard put to restrain myself from going out and buying a leg of lamb (... anybody catch the reference ... ? )
              Are you sure you meant lamb, and not LAMBOSAURUS?

Because if you're Wilma Flintstone, and your husband Fred did something stupid enough to trigger a murderous rage, well .....
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post

As somebody who's a couple of years older than your boyfriend, I would have been hard put to restrain myself from going out and buying a leg of lamb (... anybody catch the reference ... ? )
                "Lamb to the Slaughter", a short story by Roald Dahl that was made into a TV episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

Comment

Working...
                X