This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARGH!!!

So college is turning into a bigger headache then I thought possible >< And I've not even start registering for classes yet.

They still haven't recieved transcripts yet....and NOW they want me to get my immunization shots....and my new doctor won't give me what I need till he gets my old records.....from my doctor that is no longer practicing medicine...and his practice is no longer open!

ARGH!

ok...I feel slightly better ><
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

*hug-squash* Booo on both sets of folks. Turkeys.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

tomorrow I'm getting up earlyish, heading over to the college and getting all the info I need and find out what I can do about this.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

*sends lots of chocolate-chip cookies over*

Hope you can get this straightened out. Any idea where your former doctor's records would have gone?

Comment

ok...spent almost 2 hours on campus yesterday, but found out that they HAD recieved my high school transcripts, but not my college ones from when i went to school back in 2002.

Also, that no one in this bloody state has my immunization records! They suggested me contacting the State I was born in....except thats 31 years ago in Maryland, and 6 months after I was born we moved to Florida.

So I've got a doctor's appointment on friday to do some blood work (titulers I think they called them), to see if I have or have not had these things I am missing.

MMR 2 and chicken pox....I KNOW I've had chicken pox, I've got 3 scars to prove it!
          and I'm fairly certain I've had both my MMR shots...

So once all this is done, I should be able to register for classes in June, and be ready to start in the fall ^^

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
            ok...spent almost 2 hours on campus yesterday, but found out that they HAD recieved my high school transcripts, but not my college ones from when i went to school back in 2002.

Also, that no one in this bloody state has my immunization records! They suggested me contacting the State I was born in....except thats 31 years ago in Maryland, and 6 months after I was born we moved to Florida.
            ^
            Oh for pity's sake . . . . your doctor is a moron. Tell him to draw titers for your MMR and varicella, go ahead and get a booster for your TDaP if you're sure it's been between 5-10 years, and get the Hep B immunizations only if your college requires them (it's a series of 3, and it's expensive). Do get a meningitis vaccination if you're in your late teens or early 20's as you are still in a high risk age group. It's too late in the year to get a flu shot.

If the titers come back non-immune or equivocal (meaning you might or might not be immunized) then get a booster.

If he gives you any grief about drawing titers, find another doctor. I'm from Maryland, Mom lost MY records and getting titers is what I had to to do to go to nursing school. I still have those lab results; keep yours, they'll save you a lot of grief later on down the road.

This is just not that hard, and your doc is making it that way either because he's lazy or an idiot.

Wish I'd looked at this thread sooner.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok....now thats out of my system, its offical, the blood test (titers?) came back positive! I've had chicken pox...I could of told them that but they needed something more then 20+ year old scars.

So, they've also recieved my college transcripts, and now just need to sign up for the orenitation in June and meet with my advisor, and register for classes.....

then kiss my life and money bye bye for the next four years.....

Last edited by Dips; 04-01-2013, 03:12 PM. Reason: Changed font to reduce post width

Comment

Working...
              X