This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Amina516 View Post
    For her stage, the 5 year survival rate is 65% and i really wish I didn't know that..
    For what it's worth, I had 65% chance of surviving 5 years, and I'm still here on 4th year.
    The oncologist said that such statistics necessarily is about 10 years old, and they have progressed a lot in the last years. The real number may be much higher.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
      For what it's worth, I had 65% chance of surviving 5 years, and I'm still here on 4th year.
      The oncologist said that such statistics necessarily is about 10 years old, and they have progressed a lot in the last years. The real number may be much higher.
      Thank you, Mikkel. Thank you.

I pray you stay healthy.

Comment

I'm sure you don't need to be told this, but, since your mom got it, you're at a higher risk to get it. Make sure you check yourself (or when frisky, your husband) on a regular basis.

I'm also saying this because a friend of mine has breast cancer, and is getting both removed on Monday.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
          I'm sure you don't need to be told this, but, since your mom got it, you're at a higher risk to get it. Make sure you check yourself (or when frisky, your husband) on a regular basis.

I'm also saying this because a friend of mine has breast cancer, and is getting both removed on Monday.
          I know, but thank you. She has some risk factors that I dont have, but I'm careful as well. We have no cancer history in our family so this is a surprise for us all.

I hope your friend does well.

Comment

So, her lumpectomy and node removal is scheduled for April 30th. They will also place a mediport for chemo at that time. Chemo should begin approx. 1 month after that. Ive told my mother I will shave my head with her. My hair is long black and curly and currently hits the top of my butt. It'll be quite a change for me. But I told my mom I didn't want her looking like a bald baby chicken all on her own.

In the mean time, she has some CT scans and a bone scan sched,uled (that her insurance denied twice until the oncologist released hell on them) as well as another appt with her surgeon and an initial one with the radiation oncologist.

She seems positive. She's learning all she can and is impressing the doctors at her appts with her knowledge and questions.

We're trying to surprise her with a trip to the beach sometime next month...before chemo but after the surgery. We'll see how it goes.

I'm feeling more positive. Thank you all for your kind words and support.

Comment

If you're going to shave your head too, why not donate it? (I hear Locks of Love tosses lots of hair, so maybe ask around or look something up) Think of the wig they could make from your hair for some other cancer patient!

Your mother is doing well, but she'll REALLY need you during chemo. Which I have no doubt you'll be there.
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
              X