This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well okay then...

So I was almost pushed off the road by a UPS semi as well as he tried intimidating me to make a left turn while cars from the other direction were still coming through...

How have your days been going?

Were you able to catch his unit number? In fleets (independent owner/operators frequently don't bother with this), each truck (and trailer) has a company-assigned number displayed prominently. If someone drives like an asshole, the safety department would LOVE to hear about it - and I'm sure I speak for the 99% who want these jerks off the road before they do more damage to the public image of truckers.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Yup, made a report to UPS and I should get a call back tomorrow. It was 10 mins to five and I know they want their guys in at 5pm. I couldn't see much more out of my back window then his grill and it honestly scared me that he was going to push me right into the intersection and right into the line of traffic.

Comment

Never drove for UPS, but if they're like other trucking companies, getting back to the yard without a collision trumps getting back by 5 PM. No load is important enough to put into the ditch.

If he had pushed you into the intersection, he wouldn't have got back to the yard by 5 unless he LEFT THE SCENE OF A COLLISION, which is a serious offense.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I talked to the manager of the area and he asked if I could come down to the office after I got out of work. I had said okay but that I'm going to be in my work uniform. The driver had no excuse for his brute behavior and he had no excuse for driving over the speed limit when he almost pushed to off the road. His boss was not impressed and I was asked to leave so he could call in the guys union steward to dole out whatever was going to be doled out.

Comment

Working...
          X