Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five points for the idiot on the bike ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five points for the idiot on the bike ...

I'm driving up the one-way, three-lane city street that Mom's nursing home is on. I'm cruising verrrrry slowly as I'm keeping an eye out for a parking spot that I can whip into.

Off to my left is somebody wearing a face mask (the kind you see in those news shots of Chinese cities when the topic is air pollution). He or she -- I genuinely couldn't tell -- gets on the bicycle, literally in the middle of the freakin' road, and the bicycle immediately starts to wobble.

Idiot Cyclist lurches to the right. Directly in front of my card. Without even a glance in my direction.

If I had been travelling a couple of kilometres or miles per hour faster, I would've been held up for my Easter dinner with Mom while I explained things to Windsor's Finest and the paramedics peeled IC off the front of my car.

Quoth Pixilated View Post
    Off to my left is somebody wearing a face mask (the kind you see in those news shots of Chinese cities when the topic is air pollution). He or she -- I genuinely couldn't tell -- gets on the bicycle, literally in the middle of the freakin' road, and the bicycle immediately starts to wobble.
    Was it cold out? Some folks use a mask to try to warm the incoming air - as in the mask warms up from you breathing out through it, and then transefers some warms to the next breath, making it more comfortable to breath overall.

Quoth Pixilated View Post
    Idiot Cyclist lurches to the right. Directly in front of my card. Without even a glance in my direction.
    If it was cold, perhaps he/she had their brain freeze up. Or they were just <bleeping> stupid. Sadly, I'm gonna have to guess #2.
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Based on my observations riding on a bike means you are immune to car crashes and don't need to follow traffic laws

Comment

Quoth Pipthepirate View Post
        Based on my observations riding on a bike means you are immune to car crashes and don't need to follow traffic laws
        Of course! You never hear bikers telling about the accidents they were in, so there must not be any...

Though you do hear their friends and family saying how "natural" they look.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Good one!

mhkohne, I never thought of that. I wouldn't have said it was particularly cold out, but that might not have been the opinion of IC.

Comment

Quoth Pipthepirate View Post
            yep. some people think the laws - both the legal ones and the ones about physics - don't exist for bikes.

at the "job before my last job" one of my coworkers was looking out the window when he saw a kid barrel through an intersection, ignoring the stop sign. Or rather, he TRIED to barrel through ...but got stopped when a car hit him.

(afaik the kid wasn't injured. the driver waited for the cops to show up, but the kid took off and left the scene)

Comment

Working...
            X