This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth lordlundar View Post

For a gaming rig I wouldn't go anything below an x50 card (the 550 for example will out perform a 610).
    My newest game requires a memory card using a numbering system that has been abandoned... maybe some year I'll get a game that requires a card with the new numbering system
    I like games, but I'm cheap, so I always wait several years before buying them out of the discount bin.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

The problem is that the 610GT is slower than the 8800. As I tried to explain in my very detailed previous post.

To illustrate the scale of the problem, the 610GT has only 14.4 GB/s VRAM bandwidth according to Nvidia's own specs. An 8800 has 57 GB/s.

You may have found a *cheap* card, but you've got exactly what you've paid for, and it is likely to have a lot of trouble running your game.

Comment

It actually works pretty well... I was able to actually get a hold of one of the people on the development team during one of their public q&a's on facebook, and they confirmed the main issue was the onboard memory (which is a problem I've had with other programs too), and they specified the 8800 because it was at the lowest end of the onboard memory that could handle the game.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

NV's oldest significant card was the TNT2,
          God I remember having one of them...and playing and completing Half Life 2 on it somehow...alright, at a constant 5fps and half an hour between loading scenes but still, finished the game with that card!
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
          X