This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mystery Shop

<moderators> If this post is in the wrong forum, please move it to the appropriate forum. Thank you.

Anyway, I mystery shopped a business. I got an oil change and answered all the questions and uploaded my paid bill.

The next day I got a survey from the business which I did not fill out because I thought it may expose me as a mystery shopper (big no no) (ok, you're reading this and saying "you just exposed yourself!" <gulp> Not in the way you're inclined to think. Can you tell me my name and the car I drove? I know, I'm still laughing from the "exposed" sentence, too.

On Day 3 after the mystery shop, I got a phone call from the business wanting to "touch base" with me since I didn't give them 100% on their survey. I didn't fill in your survey. They must have figured out I was the mystery shopper. I hung up on them.

I was doing a job. I'm good at it. I've mystery shopped for 15 years. Very, very few shops have not had passing grades. This shop was fine until I had to wait an hour and a half for my scheduled oil change, then they just called out my last name to pay the bill. I paid the bill. Then I was told, quite gruffly, "your car is in the shop, drive it out."

All in all, it pissed me off. Thank you for listening.

In a situation like that I would have filled out the survey when I got the reminder, but put neutrals all the way down. and if there was a spot at the end for comments, would put 'I didn't have any real objections to your place until you started harrassing me to take this survey.'

Comment

are you allowed to even answer their surveys?
      or basically the fact that they called you up indicate that they know?

just wondering cos with some companies i get calls after service asking me to complete a survey. i sometimes do it but sometimes just decline. (especially if it's a robo survey call)

Comment

Working...
      X