X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Criminal

Here's the article.

In a nutshell, the perp is charged with filing a bogus insurance claim. Partially based on receipts dated before the stores opened. Also $100k+ in merchandise in the parked car.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Not the brightest crayons in the box, are they?
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I'm just wondering how she managed to forge a receipt.

plus, considering the receipts were supposedly dated 2011 and prior... exactly how new did they look?

Cos I'm thinking if they looked very new, that might have triggered suspicion too. I use to have a camera receipt that I kept in a pouch on my camera bag - I sometimes put SD cards in it but rarely took the receipt out. That receipt eventually looked old and faded after a few years, even though it had been handled less than 20 times.
      Last edited by PepperElf; 04-04-2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

The receipts were not only dated from before the store opened - but from the middle of a period when the perp was in jail and therefore could not have been at any shop to make the purchases.

Fortunately, most criminals are actually this dumb. It makes the police's work somewhat easier.

Comment

well yeah that too. i was wondering if she was gonna claim someone else did the purchase for her, but... it's likely she really wanted them to believe she was physically at the store. (well the nonexistent store that is) heh

Comment

Working...
          X