This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamstalker 2, Crazy Can Lady 0

I know I've posted about Crazy Can Lady (CCL) before. She wears a ratty rice-paddy hat and wheels around a dilapidated, smelly folding cart full of tatty bags and cans scrounged from God knows where (I've seen her rooting in dumpsters around town). She only comes in to redeem cans, break the machines and steal our plastic bags; numerous customers as well as employees have complained about her. Once I saw her in the produce section; all I know about that is I later saw one of the produce guys remove the entire tray of grapes and take it into the back. She was probably molesting them and/or grazing

I've taken it upon myself to calling her out loudly each time she tries to swipe our bags. So far, it's worked and she's only gotten away with one single bag each time (as opposed to the dozen or more she used to grab). Manager P thinks this is awesome, although I doubt I'll be able to 'train' CCL. The only thing I can do is yell at her every time I see her going for the bags, and try to get everyone else to do so as well. Part of me is hoping that next time CCL tries to touch me, as P will unleash holy hell on her (resulting in a ban).

In this process, I have discovered two things:

Apparently the only word she knows in English is "Mine!", and she is not in fact homeless. The second time I called her out, another customer said "It's okay. She lives in my building; she's slightly challenged you know" in an odd patronizing tone.

And...? Being 'challenged' is no excuse for theft, breaking the law (by sampling the produce) and causing general trouble for the real customers.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 04-06-2013, 01:23 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    I know I've posted about Crazy Can Lady (CCL) before. She wears a ratty rice-paddy hat and wheels around a dilapidated, smelly folding cart full of tatty bags and cans scrounged from God knows where (I've seen her rooting in dumpsters around town).
    I'm sure the Brits and Aussies reading this are reaching for the after reading this. It's not that bad - simply a case of multiple countries divided by a common language.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

For all I know, she could be doing that too...
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X