Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I survived the perfect office storm today.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I survived the perfect office storm today.

Today, I was in the office for the first time after a few days off sick. (ignoring the notgettingpaidforsickleaveunlessyouhitthegovernmen tmandated4+daysandthengetpaidtheminimumrequiredbyl aw).

I'm effectively my Boss's technical secretary (due to staff levels), as well as my actual job. No problem, he's supposed to be on holiday. There's also a team secretary he can call on. So, he shouldn't be producing any papers that need typing, and even if he did, just before he went on hols, Jane* can cope.

Unfortunatly he decided to work all week instead.
    And Jane* went off sick too.
    So I came in today, with the tail-end of a fever, to a pile of 3 overdue reports on my desk, and one super urgent one he'd given to a seriously non-technical secretary in another team, who cannot read his writing and has not got the technical dictionary or knowledge to accurately guess. (his writing of "lead & zinc" got typed up by her as "rod & 3mn".) So I got to re-type that report too.
    And I got all 4 reports done.
    On the up-side - D#mn I'm good.
    On the downside - pulling out all the stops just gets more work heading my way.
    Oh well, busy is good. :-)

Hope the recovery continues. Is boss appreciative that you dove in and took up all the slack I hope?

Comment

Working...
    X