This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fireheart View Post
    I'm assuming that either it's (Slot Machine) annoying as hell or there's something else you want to do with it... [paren. add.]
    I guessed "percussive maintenance."

-I could recite the knife lady speech word for word.
    I felt for you, and then read:

... the line on her microphone.
    ...and I died a little inside. Geez, it was bad enough when I thought she was just, you know, talking.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      I felt for you...and I died a little inside. Geez, it was bad enough when I thought she was just you know, talking.
      Ohhh yeah.

back before they switched to a phone-based PA system (ie you picked up the phone, hit the "PA"button and off you went) it used to be a microphone based one. They still have the ports around for the microphones.

Knife lady used to set up near the back of the store (where there was more room) with a microphone and broadcast her announcement over the ENTIRE STORE. The poor guys in meat, deli and seafood got the brunt of it.

A few other staff members I know got creative and would pick up the PA, hit the button and let it hang to dead air if they were working a long shift. (basically when you did that, it cut her off mid-announcement)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm assuming that either it's annoying as hell or there's something else you want to do with it, because I don't get it otherwise
        Yes, very annoying... in need of maintanence... percussive maintanence... with a very very big hammer.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          Yes, very annoying... in need of maintanence... percussive maintanence... with a very very big hammer.
          you mean like this?

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Mine is that I am trying to take a nap, but the imaginary customers wanting to be rung up keep interrupting me, while I'm in bed. So annoying.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

you mean like this?
              I was more thinking like this
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
              X