This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blu-Ray Player

I am considering adding a Blu-Ray player/burner to my PC. I am not sure if I want an internal or external drive. I have checked Newegg, Tiger Direct, etc. for various players like LG, Sony.

Any suggestions on the best model(s). I am looking in the range of $100 - $150 price range.

at this time I am not worried about playback/burner software as I have updated copies of Nero.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 04-22-2013, 06:07 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

An internal SATA connection would generally be faster/less prone to data loss when burning than most external (presumably USB) connectors, which could be an issue. I really only use optical drives for backup, so speed is an issue for me, your mileage may vary.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I personally always go with an internal drive if I can. They tend to be faster and cause fewer errors when writing a disk. With the cost of blank Blu Ray disks right now, that could add up fast fast in both time and failed burns.

Comment

I can tell you that the faster Bluray players exceed the capability of USB 2.0; to get the best performance you'll definitely need USB 3.0, Thunderbolt, or SATA or eSATA.

Comment

Working...
        X