Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hags (or why I hate the bus part 18373389729)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hags (or why I hate the bus part 18373389729)

I was getting the bus back to the parents when I ran into a friend who I hadn’t seen in a couple of years. She has recently had a baby and was sat on the bus with her newborn in a pram. We were very pleased to see each other, and I went to stand next to her and chat as the bus was almost full and there were no seats left.

A couple of stops later and the bus is so full that the driver turns a large amount of passengers away. Not much that can be done about that. Suddenly, we start to overhear a conversation between the four old hags sat opposite us.

H1: There was someone with a wheelchair waiting to get on and they got turned away. An absolute disgrace.
    H2: I blame that girl with the baby. She could have easily have folded the pram and given up her space for the wheelchair.
    H3: Better yet! She could have left the bus! Then the wheelchair would have definitely got on!
    H4: I guess she just discriminates against the disabled.

Friends jaw dropped. Here was the thing: me and her were completely unaware that someone with a wheelchair had been turned away up until this point. Plus the four old women were sat in the place that was also designated for wheelchairs and prams!

Friend: *under her breath to me* Can you believe this??
    H1: And yes! We are talking about you!
    F: Why don’t you just mind your own business? I didn’t see you four offering to give up your spaces!
    H2: We’re elderly! We shouldn’t have to give up our seats for anyone!
    H3: You ought to be ashamed!
    F: We didn’t notice there was someone with a wheelchair waiting.
    H1: You hate disabled people! You are horrible and inconsiderate!
    H4: I like the disabled.
    H2: We know you do dear. We all do. Except these two!
    Me: Seriously, please be quiet and leave us alone.
    H1: A baby and no wedding ring too. Says it all.
    F: Shut your fucking mouth!
    H2: She swears in front of children too.
    H3: Hates the disabled and swears of front of children.
    Me: Please shut your horrible mouths. How dare you make presumptions about us when all we have done is board a bus and chat.
    H1: You should have given up your places for the disabled.
    Me: Well we didn’t know. If we had been aware things might have been different. The bus is full and there’s nothing we can do about that.
    H1: My mother was in a wheelchair. I know how to treat the disabled.
    H2: And my mother taught me common courtesy!
    F: Being judgemental, making presumptions and just generally being a nosey bitch is classed as courtesy in your world? Seriously, do not talk to us again.
    H1: We don’t want to talk to you. You’re both horrible!

They turned around. Friend and I were sat absolutely gobsmacked. But it didn’t stop there. They carried on their conversation through hushed voices, the occasional part leaking through.

“I would have given up my seat right away if I was them.”

“What do you expect from young people?”

“If my husband were still alive he would have removed them by force.”

My stop arrived.

Me: It was erm…lovely to see you again.
    F: I want to say we should do this again but that feels wrong.
    Me: We should. We’ll just remove the hags from the equation.
    H1: I heard that!

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    F: I want to say we should do this again but that feels wrong.
    "You were meant to!"
    "Oh, I'm so sorry, let me rephrase that: we'll just remove the bitches from the equation!"
    "Fine, do you hear this?" (gives The Finger to the old biddies)

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow

Those bitches are the ultimate definition of Entitlement Whores. They think their advanced age entitles them to be horrible to everyone else, while complaining that everyone else is horrible to them.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My grandfather would have lost it if he'd been there. Those hags would not have gotten nearly as far as they did.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          That would be because I said it aloud.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Good...i dont need to repeat it then!!! Ugh...old biddies

Comment

My grandma made me promise if she ever did anything like these dear old hags that I would kindly shoot her in the head and bury her in the desert (if you didn't guess she hated people like that who felt that just because they were old they were entitled... in fact her exact words at one point in time was "all that being old entitles me to is respect, oddly enough that is all being young entitles you to also.")
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

What I found interesting about this is that the driver was turning passengers away because of the bus being full......the one time I've seen that happen here was with someone who had a bike, and only because the bike rack on the bus was full.

Comment

Hags were hags. I wonder how early they get up to grind the sand into their feminine gardens.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  "all that being old entitles me to is respect, oddly enough that is all being young entitles you to also."
                  True enough. But if you go around demanding respect, you don't deserve it.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
                    What I found interesting about this is that the driver was turning passengers away because of the bus being full......the one time I've seen that happen here was with someone who had a bike, and only because the bike rack on the bus was full.
                    Buses round my way can get extremely full around rush hour, to the extent of being unable to stop at the later stops. And forget it around Christmastime too. >.<

But I suspect the issue sprouted from the fact that most buses I know only have certain amounts of space set by for wheelchairs and baby vehicles, and once this space is full, they cannot take on any more of these two. And for some buggies it is unfeasible to just fold them up, esp for young babies and/or twins.

I'm sorry you weren't able to give these sour entitlement whores the verbal whipping they deserved, CMRL. Deity knows they deserve it!
                    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      True enough. But if you go around demanding respect, you don't deserve it.
                      Exactly. If you want respect, act respectably. If some folks still don't treat you with respect then, that's their problem, not yours.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Unbelievable!
                        It's a wonder the old hags didn't end up visiting the bar where you work!
                        Wouldn't that make for a heck of a tale if you had to deal with them on the bus and again as customers?
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          "You were meant to!"
                          "Oh, I'm so sorry, let me rephrase that: we'll just remove the bitches from the equation!"
                          "Fine, do you hear this?" (gives The Finger to the old biddies)

I would've already not even 1/4 the way through the H1-H4's rants used a certain other word that I bet is not allowed on here (hint: it rhymes with the name of a baseball tactic). Trust me, that would've been the title they deserved.

And where were the other passengers in all this? Not one stepped up and defended her?

Comment

Working...
                          X