• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to mural an entire level of Zelda or Super Mario Bros >.>

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      You need to mural an entire level of Zelda or Super Mario Bros >.>
      Some guy recently posted his map he completed of Chrono Trigger. Took him two years. http://imgur.com/gallery/2GujB
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Oh wow, those look cool. And I'd like to see the everquest logo too.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Holy crud, have to tell yall this.

First off, I put the Metroid painting on Etsy. It lasted less than three hours before it sold. I was floored, but like YAY. One down!

So the transformers painting was 36x20". Not really going to be easy to ship. So I thought, I'll approach the local gaming store and ask if they'd sell it for me, for a commission/fee, whatever. Talked with the manager beforehand, he was like sure, bring it down, we'll see what we can do.

Soon as I walked through the door, this guy goes "OH MY GOD I MUST HAVE IT." Just kinda stopped in my tracks and was like uhhh, ok, sure! =D

So yep. I'm tickled pink right now. That worked out SO much better than expected. Seriously.

Comment

*gonk* That map is incredible.

I saw some eeny weeny Hama beads in Hobbycraft today. As in, about 4mm long and 2-3mm across. O.o
            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Well, if the Metroid sold that quickly, consider upping your prices ^_^ Whatever the market will reasonably bear, as they say...sooner or later, you will find a range that will result in both you getting paid what yer worth for the art (and it IS art!), and the custy paying what he feels he fair. The comic shop guy probably didn't care about price, but it sounds like you made his day.

Seems like demand for these could be brisk.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Holy cats the Chrono Trigger one is AWESOME O_o

I used to spend all my time fiddling with those beads when I was a pup (for the longest time, my grandmother proudly had a bead-sprite Ghostbusters logo on the front door--sadly some idiot stole it when we had the estate sale). Now I have a desire to pick it up again...
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Um, Seraph? If you're addicted, what does that make this guy?
                  (*warning* stupid huge image)
                  http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...hb-d64kfew.jpg

(DA account page)
                  http://rphb.deviantart.com/gallery/
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

...jeeez louise.

Comment

wow, someone has WAY too much time on their hands...
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        wow, someone has WAY too much time on their hands...
                        As my co-worker would say, "Somebody needs a SECOND hobby. They have too much time for just one."
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

When you're done the Everquest one, let me know. I'd love to link it to the EQ teams, and I'm sure they'd share it with the community. I'm also sure someone would love to buy it (you might even get one of the SOE folks to buy it if it really catches their eye. )

Comment

Everquest logo was finished ironing-wise last night. Can't find an appropriate size canvas, so I'm going to pick up foamcore board and do something with *that*, to mount it. I'm thinking one of two backgrounds, either the bright blue "sky" like the original boxart, or the "night sky" that they use on the websites and strat guides.

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                            I showed my son this (he's a huge brony) and now he's trying to talk me into making him one. And I haven't played with perler beads in eons...methinks I may have been given a new hobby, whether I needed it or not!
                            Tell him to look up the costs of the beads, especially for one like that mural, LOL. That guy is going to end up dropping over a grand on beads alone for that. Oy.

Comment

This actually seems like something I could actually do ... Well, maybe with the larger sizes of beads, anyway. Got me some big ol' hands ^_^
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X