X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westboro Baptists' non-protest ...

Way to go, Teamsters!

I'm not entirely clear on whether the WBC showed up and stayed in their vans ... or didn't even show up. It sounds like the latter.

Let's hear it for the Teamsters!
    my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
    it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Yay! Thanks for posting. I was confused as to why they'd protest those particular peoples' funeral, but the article stated it's to get attention. Someone posted elsewhere they were going to protest, and I honestly thought it was a joke, a dig at WBC. Also, I've heard of the teamsters, but I don't really know what they're about. I need to educate myself.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        Also, I've heard of the teamsters, but I don't really know what they're about.
        They're the primary union in the trucking industry. Origin of the name is in the pre-mechanized days, when a heavy wagon (think of the one Budweiser uses for promotional purposes) was pulled by a team of horses. Since pro- and anti-union discussion is fratching material (and Teamsters are more controversial than most other unions), I'm not going to say anything beyond the fact that they are a union.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

You know the WBC is run by very bad people when they're too bigoted for the Ku Klux Klan.

I wish I was kidding.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I wonder - could The Doctor take a BIG group of WBC members back a couple weeks and encourage them to run in the Boston Marathon?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              I wonder - could The Doctor take a BIG group of WBC members back a couple weeks and encourage them to run in the Boston Marathon?
              Eh, knowing our luck, they're involved in a huge future fixed point in time or something and he couldn't interfere.

Comment

Have you noticed that the only time you even hear about Westboro Baptists' now days is when groups show up to block them from getting to the families?

Comment

AFAIK, the WBC's MO is basically "Pick high-profile event and get their name associated with it" -- In this case, they succeeded. There's no way to disseminate this story without mentioning their name, or at least alluding to it. Thus, mission accomplished. Supposedly, they often don't even show up for their threatened protests.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It still think they are failing to get their message out. They have turned into a group that people come together to fight. They are just giving strength and support to the groups WBC are protesting against.

Comment

They don't want to get the message out. They want to get as many people mad at them as possible in the hopes one of them would lash out. Then they sue that person into bankruptcy.

It's not about any message, it's about how they make money.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                      X