X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
    Ew I got brain matter on my Maglite.

That guy's just lucky I default to "flight" and not "fight". He still rolls his eyes and says, "I'm not gonna hurt you!" whenever he does it. Dude...doesn't matter. That ain't cool.

I'm not a violent person (well, except in video games) but I can only hope one day he scares the wrong person and learns his lesson.
    That's really an issue for HR if you want to follow up on it. It sounds like work place harrasment towards those he's doing it to if they're not comfortable with it.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Screw mood police! I have a scowly serious face. No one needs to beam at 200 watts every damn second of the day. That causes mood burnout and then noone's happy.
      The jumping out at people while working is really, really not a good idea where I work. Everyone carries a boxcutter and my department has 6-10 inch knives. My friends/coworkers/customers have learned this after scaring me quite badly a few times and my response is to whip out whatever blade I have in hand at the time. They make noise before touching me now.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
        That's really an issue for HR if you want to follow up on it. It sounds like work place harrasment towards those he's doing it to if they're not comfortable with it.
        I don't see him especially often and most of the time his "humor" is limited to pretending like he isn't going to sign my paperwork when I'm unlucky enough to flag him down. Or to not sign it unless I smile at him or some stupid shit like that. I think the next time he gives me trouble I'm going to make a note and write something up, make sure to get his real name (I only know him by a nickname) and contact his company. He works for the mill and I work for the trucking company they've contracted, but I'll try to report it next time there's an offense. Only reason I wouldn't do it right now is because I haven't documented anything. I know he does it to my coworker as well because she's grumbled about it to me, but she's very much the type to not raise a fuss so I'll try to get her to help report him but I doubt she will.

Even his version of mood policing (withholding a signature I need to get my job done because I'm not smiling enough for him) is something I wouldn't tolerate if I was his boss. Do your job, and don't hamper the jobs of the drivers who, y'know, need to get in and out of there as quickly as possible. Your job does not include forcing them to smile before you give them what they need. It's a fucking power trip, and I HATE power trips.

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
          Even his version of mood policing (withholding a signature I need to get my job done because I'm not smiling enough for him) is something I wouldn't tolerate if I was his boss.
          Sounds like this is at the delivery end of the run (unless something's SERIOUSLY different from OTR). If so, this is something to bring up with YOUR boss - consignee refusing to sign BOL - what do you do? If trailer is still in door and not yet unloaded, do you pull it out? That would piss off HIS boss, since material they needed wouldn't be available.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Oh, he'll eventually sign it, or I'll flag down another unloader, but he just likes to play his games. I simply refuse to play and make him look stupid; I'll just stare at him and be all, "just sign me out please" till he does it.

It's not like I'll sit there for an hour till someone comes along. I'm there for five or ten minutes at the most when no one is paying attention to the little driver area there to see if anyone needs help. And most of the time I don't even have to talk to anyone; they usually sign as soon as they're done unloading so I just drop and hook and leave. And most of the time he's not even the one I talk to. But when he is, it just ruins my night, lol.

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
              Oh, he'll eventually sign it, or I'll flag down another unloader, but he just likes to play his games. I simply refuse to play and make him look stupid; I'll just stare at him and be all, "just sign me out please" till he does it.
              He still shouldn't be doing it and it reflects badly on his company when he's the person you come into contact with.
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
              X