Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be harmonious is if they failed to pay the phone bill before paying the electric bill. In some odd sense that they have an older phone that only requires the telephone wire itself and not an external power source, and their cellphone is under the same telephone company, they wouldn't be able to call anyone at all!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Why do you think it's called "Twitter"? It's because of all the twits using it.
      Exactly why I've avoided it ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth CKoch View Post
        Just what she spent on the tats along probably could have paid a few bills. I have nothing against body art, but I do have a problem with adorned people crying poverty. WTF???
        It's the same all over. People with $800 purses and $200,000 cars and 60" TVs "can't pay" their various bills. Priorities, people!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

And a little more FB research reveals (she and her family really need to adjust their privacy settings):
          Which means all of that can be used against her too. I mean since it's open to the public.

Comment

I had every intention of blowing my wad of my tax return on new body art.

Then I realized I probably should just pay off my medical bills instead

So I guess bit by bit, as I get a little extra money at a time, I'll slowly get inked again.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Why do you think it's called "Twitter"? It's because of all the twits using it.
              Heyyy. I'm on Twitter.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I only have one point to make here:

Body art (and some of the other signs of 'being well off') is permanent. You can get it when you do have money to spare, and become poor later on.

Also, mod-hat-on: please keep to the issue of misplaced priorities. Follow Sapphire Silk's lead, and keep the welfare side to Fratching. This thread is doing okay so far, we don't want to have to shut it down.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  Heyyy. I'm on Twitter.
                  *waaay too conspicuously says nothing whatsoever*
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    It's the same all over. People with $800 purses and $200,000 cars and 60" TVs "can't pay" their various bills. Priorities, people!
                    and those are the same people that can find the money to order a good amount of pizza delivery and stiff the driver every time.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Oh.. this brings back SO many memories from the ole BorgSphere Cellphone Company.

If you are only on a 700 minute plan, dont make 3000 minutes worth of calls.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                        Oh.. this brings back SO many memories from the ole BorgSphere Cellphone Company.

If you are only on a 700 minute plan, dont make 3000 minutes worth of calls.
                        How do you even do that? I can understand maybe going 30-60 minutes over your limit but 38 hours? Really?

Comment

Working...
                        X