This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas station prat...

(prat...such a lovely word....ancients bless you brits from a yank across the pond...)

So I'm driving home and notice that my gas tank is about to say nasty words to me, and pulled into the local gas station. I get behind an older gentleman (60s maybe), and wait my turn in line.

The guy is quiet and patient, until its his turn where he puts money on the counter says nothing and just walks away outside presumably to his car.

my response? "God, did he expect you to just magically read his mind? I may be scatter brained sometimes but I normally will at least say X amount on pump...um...6 or 7, I at least most of the time know what pump I'm on even if I can't remember which pump number is on which side, by the way....could I please have $15 on pump 4 and 2 number 5s (lottery scratch tickets)"

The cashier almost died laughing, and we commiserated on people like the gentleman....I gave her this site and walked off happy.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Quoth Sarlon View Post
    ..I gave her this site and walked off happy.
    I gave this site to a gas station cashier today. My daughter and i walked over (about 2 blocks, but for me a long hike) and picked up a pepsi and a dream (since I don't drink or smoke, $2 every 2-3 weeks for a powerball is sometimes possible). When he asked if we want a bag, my daughter said, nah, and popped them in her pocket. And he thanked her for using her pockets for the right reasons. instead of to steal.... at which point I said 'you need to visit customers suck dot com. because it helps to know for sure other people deal with the same kind of jerks you have to.

this site

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
      (prat...such a lovely word.......)

Isn't it? Was odd to see it combined w/ "gas station" though.
      And I really enjoy the commiseration of sane people. I could get my smokes cheaper by the carton elsewhere, but I purposely get 'em by the pack so I have an excuse to stop by a local c-store on the way home. It really gives them a boost to know that not everyone on the other side of the counter is a nutsy EW SC.

Comment

Working...
      X