Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only times long hair bothers me is food services, medical, and similar situations. And in those, I ask that it be suitably tied, braided, or hair-netted to where it can't cause contamination.

Oh! Just thought of another one. Working with machinery. In that case, it's for the safety of the worker. I had a teacher who told us he'd seen a long-haired person get his hair caught in machinery. Took part of his scalp with it, even though the person running the next machine over slammed the emergency stop as fast as he could.

So yeah. Safety for self, safety for others. Otherwise, wear your hair however you want.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Another tie-dye wearing, gray pony-tail chiming in here. I'm glad (or maybe he is) that he didn't say that in my hearing. I can make myself look awfully intimidating when I need to. I'd have liked to scare the color out of his face.

Wonder what he would have thought about me if he saw me wearing my Utilikilt?
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

It does depend on the guy, of course, but I like a guy with a long braid, or even a bun. In Bali the men wear buns and flowers. And they pull it off. So, meh to the old guy.

Wonder what he would have thought about me if he saw me wearing my Utilikilt?
        Last edited by Food Lady; 04-25-2013, 08:26 AM.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          This guy would get a kick out of my karate instructor when I was about 8
          What kind of kick - roundhouse?

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Hey look, there's a man with long hair over there, why don't you go kick the shit out of him? Wait, what's he got written on his jacket..."Hell's Angels"...oh well, he's still got long hair, why don't you demonstrate your attitude towards him...hey, where're you going? Why're you running away?!
          Just like the people who throw paint on middle-aged women wearing fur coats, because they don't approve of people wearing animal skins. You never see them throwing paint on bikers in leather jackets.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X