This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream

Last week a cashier called me over to her register and said she needed help with a customer. The customer was an elderly lady (between 80 and 100) who was very frail, used an electric cart and was almost impossible to understand. She was very soft spoken and also appeared to loose her train of thought. The gist of her request was that she wanted to buy some ice cream, but didn't want it melting while she shopped, so could I get her some? I said sure, and asked her what flavor? She said "Strawberry Swirl" but had no clue what size or brand she wanted.

I went over to the ice cream aisle had looked from one end to the other. Turns out she was talking about one of those ginormous tubs of ice cream with a handle (store brand). Take it back to her and she tells me its the right one and thanks me. I go on break and another person does the carry out.

This is the sad part, it took them half an hour and five people to find this woman's car. I came outside to get propane for another customer and I say two managers talking on radios and another person walking down the rows. When they finally found it, they called the girl over and she dragged the now dead cart to the woman's car. They had been on the opposite side of the very big lot and her car was in the first handicapped space in that row. Her car (bright color) was directly outside the door.

I hope this woman made it home alright. We have several elderly customers that should not be driving, but live alone and nobody seems to care about them.

Reading this made me rather sad as well. People that age should at the very least have someone living with them to make sure nothing happens, een if they don't need direct care.

Comment

Working...
    X