X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Two things.

First, not everyone who takes half a pizza is a wastrel. Some people, myself included, eat pretty much everything we take off of buffet. If I take half a pizza, I eat it all. The only thing you'll see left on my plate is the crusts, which I never eat.

Secondly, while that is a lot of beer for your establishment, it is really not that huge an amount for a bunch of hungry beer-drinking guys. I can (and have) put away 2-3 pitchers of beer myself, and I am hardly a large guy, at 5'8" and 160 lbs. Also, you say these guys should have gone to a bar, but you also said their hotel was right across the way. Seems like the safe thing to do was exactly what they did...go to the place right by their hotel, meaning no one has to drive. Also, if you want good pizza and beer, you are not gonna go to a bar, but to a pizza place with beer. Makes perfect sense to me. While your place may not normally do that kind of beer business, I hardly find it inappropriate. Hopefully these guys tipped well.
    But you should always eat your crusts - they make your hair curly... on second thoughts, screw that >_>
    Violets are blue,
    Roses are red,
    I bequeath to thee...
    A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
      Only a little related, but as much as I hate to say it, if you were using your home movie collection, that is generally a BIG no-no, there is usually a notice at the start stating that the video/DVD is explicitly for home use only and under copyright law screening them in a public location is in fact illegal.
      You forgot to include oil rigs on that list you posted (no seriously, at least on the newer blu rays that I have, the copyright warning has been edited to explicitly include oil rigs)... makes you wonder what exactly was going on at those oil rigs to get them explicitly added like that
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Hey now, there's nothing wrong with leaving the crusts when yer at a buffet -- that leaves more room for actual food. The crusts go onto an extra plate grabbed explicitly for that purpose. My partner-in-crime/buffets referred to it as "The Graveyard". We managed to make some impressive stacks on that thing, too. Dude could pack away a lot of pizza for a skinny guy.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

One of the buffet places in my place of residence (a really crappy buffet, by opinion), has a sign that read, "Take as much as you like, but eat all that you take. If you don't, our prices will go up".

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Two things.

First, not everyone who takes half a pizza is a wastrel. Some people, myself included, eat pretty much everything we take off of buffet. If I take half a pizza, I eat it all. The only thing you'll see left on my plate is the crusts, which I never eat.
            If you can eat it all, that's great. But I'd also like to point out that taking half a pizza at a time denies it to those who might want some, while taking a slice or two at a time does not. I've literally seen two people take half a special request pizza, leaving none for the people who requested it.

Secondly, while that is a lot of beer for your establishment, it is really not that huge an amount for a bunch of hungry beer-drinking guys. I can (and have) put away 2-3 pitchers of beer myself, and I am hardly a large guy, at 5'8" and 160 lbs. Also, you say these guys should have gone to a bar, but you also said their hotel was right across the way. Seems like the safe thing to do was exactly what they did...go to the place right by their hotel, meaning no one has to drive. Also, if you want good pizza and beer, you are not gonna go to a bar, but to a pizza place with beer. Makes perfect sense to me. While your place may not normally do that kind of beer business, I hardly find it inappropriate. Hopefully these guys tipped well.
            They tipped (which for dine ins is better than 90% of our customers), but it wasn't a great amount. But they emptied two of our types of beer and since the beer guy only comes once every two weeks (which is fine 90% of time), I've had people bugging me about when we get those types back.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's an actual bar in the same general shopping area as us.

It just bugs me.

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
              One of the buffet places in my place of residence (a really crappy buffet, by opinion), has a sign that read, "Take as much as you like, but eat all that you take. If you don't, our prices will go up".
              I like the policy at one of the all you can eat places I used to go to... it was an all you can eat sushi place, and they had a policy that if you had more than one full roll left on your plate when you left, any full rolls would be boxed up and charged to you at the ala carte price. I'm sure it has caused a lot of bitching from people, but they also were able to offer all you can eat sushi, drink included, for $16 a person.

Comment

I've heard of (IIRC, it was via a link from CS) an AYCE sushi place where it was mandatory to eat the rice - after all, it was AYCE sushi, not AYCE sashimi.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

At the pizza buffets I've been to (think "see see's"), people can order any custom pizza/half pizza that they want and they'll bring to you. Much better than just grabbing the whole thing off of the line Fresher, too. If you order just a half, the rest gets put on the line anyway.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth Pizza Reverend View Post
                    If you can eat it all, that's great. But I'd also like to point out that taking half a pizza at a time denies it to those who might want some, while taking a slice or two at a time does not. I've literally seen two people take half a special request pizza, leaving none for the people who requested it.
                    Noted.

Quoth Pizza Reverend View Post
                    Also, I'm pretty sure there's an actual bar in the same general shopping area as us.

It just bugs me.
                    But does said bar have a yummy pizza buffet?

And don't let it bug you. It's just your place getting more business than usual, which is a good thing. There are far more important things in the world than this to get bothered about. Like, say, why Justin Bieber is still alive.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      You forgot to include oil rigs on that list you posted (no seriously, at least on the newer blu rays that I have, the copyright warning has been edited to explicitly include oil rigs)... makes you wonder what exactly was going on at those oil rigs to get them explicitly added like that
                      Oil rigs have been mentioned in the licensing terms, along with hospitals etc, for years over here.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        There are far more important things in the world than this to get bothered about. Like, say, why Justin Bieber is still alive.
                        Don't worry, I have people working on that.

Er... I mean... LOOK, A THREE-HEADED MONKEY!

*flees*
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          Oil rigs have been mentioned in the licensing terms, along with hospitals etc, for years over here.

Rapscallion
                          Which may be why it is just now showing up in "American" blu rays... I use the quotes because blu rays aren't region coded like DVD's were (anyone else remember being disappointed about a movie you wanted only be available in region 2 when you lived in region 1), and they may just be posting the most stringent copyright laws (which I believe is the good old Brits) as a CYA since the disk can be viewed anywhere.

Comment

Actually, I just realised that many oil rigs are likely in international waters, so not constrained by the laws of the land. It would therefore be a civil licensing issue.

I can't see that the oil rig worker demographic would feature heavily on the minds of those who would seek to control what's being watched where, and I've yet to hear of pleasure cruises being arranged to auditoriums on oil rigs where they'll see a DVD that's not supposed to be watched in the native land, but it just goes to show.

Rapcallion

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              Er... I mean... LOOK, A THREE-HEADED MONKEY!

*flees*
                              Me: Hey! IS THAT A DEMONIC TALKING DUCK?!

*runs off*

Demonic Duck: I feel as though I've just been used.

Comment

Working...
                              X