This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Yell at Me when I'm on Foot?

When I'm at work, I tend to walk to restaurants when I go to lunch. I find trying to drive across the street is a real pain.

This past Friday, when I was walking to lunch on the sidewalk, there was a van driving the other way going about 30 mph. This kid, who couldn't have been older than 14, open the back door and pretended to jump out to attack me. If this fool had fallen out, I would call 911. I'm sure the paramedics and police would have loved to laugh their rear ends off at this stupid kid.

As if that wasn't bad enough, coming back, while I was waiting for the light to change so I could cross the street, this woman in the back seat of a car opens her window to yell something at me. News flash: I couldn't understand a word you were saying. There were too many cars with noisy engines. Anyway, I don't care what you said. You were yelling at me from your friend's car.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Quoth catcul View Post
    As if that wasn't bad enough, coming back, while I was waiting for the light to change so I could cross the street, this woman in the back seat of a car opens her window to yell something at me. News flash: I couldn't understand a word you were saying. There were too many cars with noisy engines. Anyway, I don't care what you said. You were yelling at me from your friend's car.
    I like to walk home, and people are always yelling stuff at pedestrians. And they're going 35mph and I don't catch any of it. (Though in several cases I suspect it's less actual words being yelled and more general whooping verbalizations.)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I got this stuff all the time when I didn't have a car. What is with people?? I would never think of yelling at a pedestrian while driving. It just makes the person in the car look like a fool.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

This stuff drives me crazy as well. One of the facts of life when you have one family vehicle is my wife often has to take me to work to have the car for the day for errands. So one day, I'm sitting in the grass next to the parking lot. It's a warm summer day, sun's shining, I've got a crossword puzzle book out and just enjoying the weather and passing the time while waiting for my wife to pick me up. As I'm doing so, some guy riding in a car doing 30 MPH drives past, leans out, and shouts... something. Seriously? Like I'm going to hear you? You do have to wonder what these brain dead idiots are actually getting out of this. If that is enough to earn bragging rights or something, they need to seriously re-assess their lives.

Brings up another similar incident. So I'm walking down the sidewalk to the parking lot after work. I'm on my cell phone with my mom, making plans for a cookout. Unbeknownst to me, this guy sees it and pulls up against the sidewalk ahead of me in his pickup truck and stops. I don't notice because a) who cares, b) I'm engrossed in discussions about how many hamburgers and hot dogs we'll need and c) this is a street where street parking is status quo so naturally I think nothing of the motion I catch out of the corner of my eye. Well just as I walk up to where he's parked, he slams it into gear and peels out, tires spinning and squealing. That was his entire intention: to disrupt my conversation. Really? Well, jokes on you, I just laughed at how pathetic you were. Some people out there just have no life.
        A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          I like to walk home, and people are always yelling stuff at pedestrians. And they're going 35mph and I don't catch any of it.
          My father-in-law once told me "if you can't understand it, assume it was complimentary, and respond accordingly" it does mess with them. Which is why I'm known for yelling things like "have an awesome day", or 'I love you" when riding my bicycle(yes I obey traffic laws.
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I've always thought that the woman that yelled at me was so lazy that she would drive to her house a block away. Just because you're too lazy to walk doesn't mean I need to be too lazy to walk.

Of course, the kid was just a dumb teenager.

Comment

open the back door and pretended to jump out to attack me
              You know, someday that kid's gonna try that and... either fall out on his ass, or run into someone who thinks it really IS an attack and reacts as such.

I doubt he'll find it funny then.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                You know, someday that kid's gonna try that and... either fall out on his ass, or run into someone who thinks it really IS an attack and reacts as such.

I doubt he'll find it funny then.
                You're right, but I still think the police and paramedics will find that funny.

Comment

I was walking to work from the subway, back about 2003, and pass a truck at a red light. The guy cranks down his window and starts ranting at me about Mayor Bloomberg.

I shrugged and said, "Dude, whaddaya want from me? I didn't vote for him."

Comment

Working...
                  X