Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I think my body is trying to tell me something...(*Note - female issues)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I think my body is trying to tell me something...(*Note - female issues)

So over the last 2 menstrual cycles since I had my Implanon changed over, I have had very strange menstrual symptoms.

1st time around...cramping for 5 days straight prior to my actual period. NO idea why. Doc also couldn't figure it out.

This time around....cramping for 3-5 days straight (didn't quite keep track) but on top of that, the cramping HAS NOT STOPPED. Normally it stops after the first day or at least tapers down to a normal level.

This however, has felt more like something is up my butt. And it isn't.

Funnily enough, being on the exercise bike actually RELIEVES it. So I think my body's saying "hey girl, you need to relieve your cramps, get on the bike you woman!"
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

You get that butt twitch too? Mine's on the left and I sit on a lip of a step to massage it. Can't quite get it but it helps and it stops it travelling. Damn strange.

It's my 3rd time with Implanon and I'm getting older and I now get no cramping with my period but I do get midcycle cramping instead (no I'm not ovulating). My periods have gone from 28 days to approx 42 and from a 4 day bleed to 8 day very light. Doc ran tests up the wazzo and everything is fine it seems I'm actually having the weird side effects . I carry a couple of napro around with me because when I get the whopper cramp its nasty. Maybe 3 times a year but they get nasty fast but are treatable.

I'm going in for a 4th Implanon in December. The first implant - no problems whatsoever. The 2nd made me gain 20 kg in a month (hello stretch marks you bastards. Never had 'em before ) but I was back to normal within 3 months.

Doc says it's age (31) and long term use (9 years). I'm only his second patient who will be going in December for a 4th round continuous use and the only long termer without children so it's new territory for us.

The main reason it's taken so long for this round to settle is when I got the 3rd rod in I poisoned myself a week later and that really knocked the acclimation time out of the water. Go me yay

My Doc thinks my cramping maybe due to ovarian cysts. They (well, it. Only ever 1 at a time) were spotted during a kidney ultrasound almost at surgery size and they keep popping and going left ovary, right ovary, left, right boing boing boing. Nothing can really be done but its a possible cause of the odd cramping. I get ultrasounded up to twice a year as as long as they pop I'm good. Might be worth checking with you but there but not much can be done about them
    Last edited by Zaiida; 04-25-2013, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Quoth Zaiida View Post

I'm going in for a 4th Implanon in December. The first implant - no problems whatsoever. The 2nd made me gain 20 kg in a month (hello stretch marks you bastards. Never had 'em before ) but I was back to normal within 3 months.
      AT the moment, I just seem to gain and don't stop. Even though I've cut out nearly all the junk food, nearly all of the takeout meals and been working out for 20-40 minutes a day, I still seem to be ballooning.

If this doesn't stop soon, I'm going to the hospital and begging not to be released.

Comment

Even though you probably don't feel like working out during your period, keeping up the bike is good; anything you can do to stretch your muscles will help them relax and ease the cramping (this is what I have found anyway!).
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Well I found way to combine business with pleasure.

I have an app on my iPad called Pokemon TV (you can also access this online without needing the app). Basically it gives you 5-8 episodes per week for each region that Ash and co. visit. So you can watch a week's worth of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and even Unova in one hit. (a bonus for me since we're way behind on the Unova eps) Because my bike does not have a timer due to the screen going crap, I tend to time myself with Pokemon TV. 1 episode goes for about 20 minutes and I'm usually distracted that way. (I'm just waiting for the episode to come up which claims that Arbok evolves into Seviper )

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            Even though you probably don't feel like working out during your period, keeping up the bike is good; anything you can do to stretch your muscles will help them relax and ease the cramping (this is what I have found anyway!).
            Yep, it was the same for me, when I still had my period. Cycling or nordic walking helped with the cramps. It took some effort to get going, but once I started I was fine. It felt like I was driving with my handbrakes on.
            No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I stopped and reversed the weight gain with resistance and weight training. Didn't change my diet as it wasn't bad. Cardio helped but not enough to reverse it, it just slowed the gain down. Mostly my weight gain was fluid which can be a bitch to move if it's medication induced.

I found my best results was interval training. It's HORRIBLE until your body gets used to it. I have to get back into it but I haven't been well lately. That and I'm a natural sloth doesn't help lol. I've got a reclining bike that can be set to different resistance gears and I crank it as high and hard as I can for a song, then ease up for a song then do it all again for no more than I can be bothered with. My minimum limit it 6 songs unless it's classical. Then I just go hard on the fast bits

ETA: Apparently from my google fu, ovarian cysts (low %) and odd cramping, contractions (med-high %) and strange spasms (med %) are the biggest side effects coming from long term usage. Huh, guess more people are long termers now and are posting about it. Didn't say much on it if anything in the brochure and they also claim the medium weight gain was 5 pounds or kilos over 2 years PSHAW! lol
              Last edited by Zaiida; 04-26-2013, 05:02 AM. Reason: adding info

Comment

Working...
              X