X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuts may contain nuts...

... or not.

A supermarket withdraws nuts from the shelf because there is no warning: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/ap...-warning-error
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

How stupid do manufacturers (or at least their lawyers) think people are? If a product has "nuts" in the name (and isn't in the "fasteners" aisle at the hardware store), people whose lives depend on avoiding nuts due to allergies should assume that it contains nuts, even if it doesn't have the warning "may contain nuts". Even though peanuts and "tree nuts" aren't related, they're treated alike in the grocery store, so it's safe to assume that "nuts" could refer to either kind (or at least lethally dangerous to assume that it didn't). I wouldn't be surprised if people with peanut allergies would take care to avoid handling a book of Charles Schultz cartoons.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

They removed the wrong nuts from the store. They should have removed the ones that were "outside" the package.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

You really do have to be careful...

(Also, Grape Nuts contain neither grapes nor nuts. Discuss.)
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

(Also, Grape Nuts contain neither grapes nor nuts. Discuss.)
          Then what the hell are they?!?!?!
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            Then what the hell are they?!?!?!
            Small rocks, sold as a breakfast cereal....
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yes but they're good with honey and banana. Also good in yogurt.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It's my understanding that laws on what food companies are allowed to say about their products have tightened up. Remember the old Special K commercials "One ounce of Special K with four ounces of milk is a good source of protein"? My reaction when I first heard that (and I was still in elementary school)? "One ounce of SAWDUST with four ounces of milk is a good source of protein".
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Wait...were these Monkey Nuts advertised as what (I presume) they are, which would be roasted peanuts? If the word "peanuts" is prominently mentioned on the package, I'd say that that qualifies as a warning >_> Unless, of course, they were talking about the presence of ACTUAL (tree) nuts, as such a warning generally indicates in the US...
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

you know it's kinda like those sleeping pills where they say "may cause drowsiness".

Ya think?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      "may cause drowsiness".
                      "Drowsy? DROWSY? Try 'coma'!"
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                      X