This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the safe, the safe. Curse or bless it, just OPEN

So our safe, like many safes out there, has a ten minute delay between the keycode being entered and it opening. It only goes into happy beep mode if the correct keycode is entered. However, there is a flaw in this otherwise fine and dandy plan. 4/5 times even with the correct code, it will not open. it will make a noise, but not let you turn the handle. it isn't the batteries. we've replaced those. This is a problem because well... some days it won't open even when the store is open. so I've had one morning now where I was thanking all that we had a pretty much empty store, and the one customer we did have that would have been a cash transaction was completely understanding and took a giftcard instead. To that man, thank you, thank you. You remind me there are generous people out there.
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

I'm guessing this safe has been in use for some time now? The locking mechanism may be in need of a little oil.

Comment

Get someone in to look at it asap - it could just need lubrication, but it could also be some kind of misalignment.
      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Yes, and it might decide to stop opening permanently. Get it checked out.

Comment

I'll try to convince my manager about it, but I have this dark suspicion since it's been this way for a while, that it'll be one of those 'oh it still opens eventually' things.
          -Unknown Author

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
            I'll try to convince my manager about it, but I have this dark suspicion since it's been this way for a while, that it'll be one of those 'oh it still opens eventually' things.
            Well, yeah. Until it doesn't.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
              Well, yeah. Until it doesn't.
              And may that be a day that it's him working, not me.
              -Unknown Author

Comment

better he call a locksmith now when it's not an emergency, vs say... trying to get one there asap when it *is* an emergency.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  better he call a locksmith now when it's not an emergency
                  Not to mention that it is easier, and therefore cheaper, to repair the lock on a safe that can be opened .

Comment

o well, technically all safes can be opened. the question is... how long do you have to wait, and do you want the contents to survive the attempt.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      o well, technically all safes can be opened. the question is... how long do you have to wait, and do you want the contents to survive the attempt.
                      Don't forget this part - do you want parts that are CURRENTLY not in need of repair to remain that way?
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My old boss at <crappy pizza place> kept ignoring it.

Until it wouldn't open. On a Sunday.. with all the store cash in there.

Locksmith had to come out.. they tried to drill it, they eventually had to cut the hinges on it.. which lead to replacing the entire safe. On a Sunday.

Have fun

Comment

apparently he's called in, and they told him to replace the battery. Which we have. According to him, the problem is that all repairs in the store need to be put through corporate, and corporate isn't listening.
                          -Unknown Author

Comment

Working...
                          X