This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Man 3 (possible spoilers)

OK, so I saw it today with my boyfriend.

We both enjoyed it, although to me, the ending seemed a tad forced to me. I mean, I get going through the procedure for your girlfriend, but like I said, it just seems forced.

I did love how Pepper was freaking out after her baptism by fire though
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

We saw it today and loved it. Glad we stayed for the end credits too. It was just released in the US today, so hopefully we'll get some more activity now.
    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I saw it in IMAX!!!! It was really great. I enjoyed it a lot. Sir Ben Kingsley was just a joy to watch.

I really liked the after credit stuff, it made me laugh. Also I thought that the Stan Lee Cameo was cute. Though it really was a "blink and you miss it" kind of thing.
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
        I saw it in IMAX!!!! It was really great. I enjoyed it a lot. Sir Ben Kingsley was just a joy to watch.

I really liked the after credit stuff, it made me laugh. Also I thought that the Stan Lee Cameo was cute. Though it really was a "blink and you miss it" kind of thing.
        When was stan in the film?

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          He was the pageant judge.
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I did the Iron Man movie marathon at the theater- starting at 1 pm on Thursday, we watched Iron Man 1, Iron Man 2, The Avengers in 3D, and Iron Man 3 in 3D. I didn't get home until after 1 am. It was worth it as I made several new friends.
            I liked Iron Man 3 for the most part.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
              He was the pageant judge.

Yup, that's what I meant by "blink and you'll miss him." It really is just that split second.
              Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
              Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Stan has been in every Marvel cartoon, movie, and even in comic books. In some cases he's become a "Where's Waldo"

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  Stan has been in every Marvel cartoon, movie, and even in comic books. In some cases he's become a "Where's Waldo"
                  Yeah I knew that. he was in the last Iron Man film as "Hefner"

I was just thinking "when was he in the film" THIS time around? ;p

Comment

Yeah I knew that. he was in the last Iron Man film as "Hefner"

I was just thinking "when was he in the film" THIS time around? ;p
                    As has been said, he was the judge for the "Miss Chattanooga" pageant, just before Tony "borrowed" a news van's satellite dish to track the Mandarin's signal.

I thought the movie was pretty good, and thankfully not as dark as the trailers would have had you believe. I especially liked that the truth of the Mandarin wasn't revealed in the trailers-- it actually fits in nicely with the villain's motivation. Explanation below, in spoilers, just in case:

[Killian, of course, wanted to remain anonymous, orchestrating the Ten Rings terrorist organization from the shadows, keeping them rather mysterious themselves. But when the Extremis accidental detonations happened-- and when "a big guy with a hammer fell out of the sky"-- he recognized the need for some dramatics and theatricality... so he concocted the Mandarin, and just got some actor to play the role. Which makes the Mandarin rather like a fortune cookie himself-- hollow and full of lies and an American invention.]
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I really liked it; especially with how the Villains were set up.

The end, I was fine with; it basically removes one of Tony's weaknesses, but otherwise keeps the Tony we know intact (or better). Loved the scene at the end, and how it fit in with the theme of hte movie.

Lots of nice touches all in all. When the House was wrecked, I think I was saddest when Dunce took the dive. And I was REALLY glad to see Dunce in the trailer at the end. It was just a robot arm, but damn, I felt for him.

I liked too how things didn't go as planned, making him improvise, often comedicaly. Honestly, the AIM mooks that were guarding that base/guarding him, were pretty much just as I expected them to be. (Down to the one who quit under fire). Would've liked to have seen a Beesuit somewhere for some reason, but that's just a tiny quibble.

Loved the Mandarin. Gotta wonder how he thoguht shooting the guy was just FX, but he was probably pretty high at that point.

Oh and I missed Stan's cameo. I was sure he was on the fishing boat the Barrel of Monkeys landed around though, but I guess not.
                      Last edited by Jetfire; 05-05-2013, 05:42 AM.

Comment

I did love how Pepper was freaking out after her baptism by fire though
                        Part of me wondered if that was supposed to turn me on, because it did.

Good film - plenty of intermittent laughs here or there. I found the weakness they concocted for him a touch forced, but quite relevant. The youngster he befriended was great

Rapscallion

Comment

We saw it last night at the drive-in, it was a great movie. I definitely liked it more than the second film. Ben Kingsley was BRILLIANT, and I never saw that misdirection coming. Also, big yays for Pepper getting to suit up and kick a little ass. I knew there was no way Tony lost all his suits, but I was expecting him to get replacements from his building in New York (and have to get over his anxiety in order to face being there again), but I really liked how they did everything. Not only did they do a sequel right, I think it's safe to say they made a GOOD third movie (as the third superhero film is usually the one where they jump the shark and/or kill the franchise). I can't even complain about there not being a tease for the next Marvel film (or the next Avengers) because the post-credits scene was perfect
                          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                          X