This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Address conflict

My aunt keeps getting the message "Windows has detected an IP address conflict" and has requested my help. I've had her restart the router, and do an Ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew. But it hasn't helped, and that's pretty much all I know how to do. Any ideas?

She has a Netgear N300 Wireless Router, an ASUS A53E-As51 15.6 Inch Laptop running windows 7, and the only other device on the network is a Lexmark OfficeEdge Pro4000 printer.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
    and the only other device on the network is a Lexmark OfficeEdge Pro4000 printer.
    Is that what the Wireless shows or is that all that is suppose to be on the network? You may have a freeloader.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Yeah. My first thought was "someone else on the network!"

My second thought was "is the printer on DHCP, or static IP?"

Those are the two major reasons for a conflict. Lock the network down with a WPA2 passphrase, and check the network settings for the printer.

... Is the printer wireless, or hooked into the modem via network cables/USB? If it's wired, then it's probably not the problem.

Comment

I gave her a link that walks you through changing the password on Netgear routers, and haven't heard back, so I'm going to assume that fixed the problem.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
        X