This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I saw Metallica last night

Living in South Africa, we don't always get the awesome big acts. The first time Metallica came here was in '08, but I couldn't afford the tickets.

So when I heard they were coming back, I was able to get tickets

And boy was it worth it. They rocked the everloving snot out of the crowd - I'm hoarse, I'm sore and loving it. LOVING IT.

It was beyond awesome. They can put on a SHOW.

Just wanted to brag
    The report button - not just for decoration

Awesome!

EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Last summer, a buddy managed to score us tickets to their Orion Music & More Festival in Atlantic City, New Jersey, and my life-long dream of getting to see them in concert finally came true in spades (since it was a 2-day event with Metallica performing both nights!) BOY was that awesome! They were so amazing! I got to see them do something they had never done before, complete performances of the albums Ride the Lightning and Metallica (BKA "The Black Album".) Soooo frakkin' awesome!

I hope they continue to hold Orion festivals every year and that I get to go to another one some day, but it won't be this year's. The lineup of other bands just wasn't compelling enough for me to travel to Detroit, Michigan for it.

Anyway, glad you got to see them too! These days, they really ARE back in top form at their concerts!
      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
      --StanFlouride

Comment

^^^ I'm super jealous. That sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I saw them last summer in Vancouver. I've never been a fan and when I got free tickets I just went for the alcohol fueled road trip with my band.

Went to the concert. The stage show was awesome. The music was terrible.

Lars ulrich is still the most over rated drummer in the world. He fuckin suuuuuuucks.

Comment

Ehh, kinda gotta go with Pimento here. I wouldn't say they suck or anything but I see no appeal in going to see them either. I'm a little impressed they're still touring. I guess being a bunch of assholes doesn't really affect your ticket sales. -.-

All that comes to mind whenever I hear Metallica or Linkin Park is "God awful Dragonball Z video".

Comment

Working...
            X