This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving the honeymoon phase quickly

So first, a bit of background. Several months ago a guy moved into an apartment in the building next to mine and next door to a CW. A few weeks ago police were there to break up a domestic disturbance. The woman left with police and a dufflebag of belongings. CW was confused since when he moved in he was by himself. According the the brief blurb in the newspapers, (1) someone threatened the other with a kitchen knife and (2) they were newlyweds.

Hubby theorized that it was the wife since "the guy's really nice". I didn't know what to think until...

Yesterday as I'm leaving, I hear screaming. The guy comes out with no shirt, no shoes, and is hollering and ran down the stairs and over to the high school next door. I wasn't sure if he was in distress or celebrating. He was holding his hands out and his wrists were flapping awkwardly.

This is the best gif I can find that emulates the arm motion:

A minute later the woman (who is half this guy's size, if that) comes out and chases him over to the high school parking lot. I didn't see what happened, but when I got over there he had her pinned to the ground. I called the police and was put on hold because half the rest of the complex was on the phone with police while the other half was running to break it up.

He let her go and they were walking back, and she was yanking on his pants. She kept trying to get his belt off, and seemed quite pissed. (For some reason Riskay's "Smell Yo Dick" came to mind...and I have no idea why I'm familiar with that song.) I turned to talk with a neighbor, everyone suddenly went "Oh!", and when I turned around he was holding her by the arm while she was twisting to get free.

He then turned and ran. Or, his weird little shuffle-jog, at least. This time I could make out his screaming was "Leave me alone! Just leave me alone!"

I lost sight of them, but when I left and got to the bottom of the hill, there were three police cars that had stopped them (those don't include the ones that were in our apartment's parking lot when I left). He was in handcuffs.

I did make sure to let 911 know that she was chasing him. I can't say who started it in the apartment. All I know is that he seemed to have no trouble restraining her, and he could have snapped her in half like a twig if he'd really wanted to. I never saw him strike her once, though, just restrained her. I'm just sayin'.

I did mention these are newlyweds, right? They've been living together maybe two months, tops.

Bonus

Later that evening I ran into some friends and shared this story, and got this one in return.

At another apartment complex, a couple comes out fighting. The guy takes a swing and knocks the gal down to the ground.

Five minutes later...the clothes are off and they're having sex on the lawn.

The guy I was talking to said they were kind enough to put a blanket over the girl while the police processed their paperwork or whatever, but they had left the guy in cuffs on the sidewalk just butt-ass naked, where he was hanging his head in shame.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

"They're either in each other's arms or at each other's throats. If you found them rolling around on the ground, you mightn't know which."

(Brit-com "As Time Goes By")
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      ... he was hanging his head(s) in shame...
      Fixed for truth.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        where he was hanging his head in shame.
        are you sure he didn't have his head down so no-one could see him smirking?

Comment

Was the man's name Carlton and was Tom Jones singing " it's not unusual to be loved by anyone"?
          sorry that gif just made my mind go straight to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
          Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

"You stopped us from killing each other (Tom Jones Tom Jones)"
            - Space, "The Ballad of Tom Jones".
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Wow....I wish I lived where you did, it sounds a lot more entertaining!

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
                Wow....I wish I lived where you did, it sounds a lot more entertaining!
                My upstairs neighbors are heroin dealers and the DEA has surrounded our building and raided their unit before. Our apartment manager ditched his duties and his wife (who is suffering from cancer) and skipped to Canada a couple months ago without any notice whatsoever. It is...an interesting place to live. (But the rent is the cheapest in town!)
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

That sounds "interesting" in the sense of the old Chinese blessing/curse ("May you live an interesting life") ~_~ Tho it would explain while the rates are so low. I can see the ad now:

Come to Harbinger Acres Apartments -- The most reasonable rates in town, constant police presence, colorful neighbors, and we guarantee you'll never get bored!
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Many years ago our neighbourhood was not the best (it's got better the council are managing the tenants better). The neighbour below us (middle flat of a three storey building) was a drug dealer/user and we didn't mind, kept himself to himself and left the heating on all the time (our heating bills were really low when he was living there). My mum recognised an undercover cop (she had met him before because of her job) sitting outside our flat once.

The neighbour left about two years after we moved in as someone put a sledgehammer through his door, made a nice big hole, we were out when it happened. For some reason he didn't want to stay anymore
                    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
                      The neighbour left about two years after we moved in as someone put a sledgehammer through his door, made a nice big hole, we were out when it happened. For some reason he didn't want to stay anymore
                      DYNAMIC ENTRY!
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                      X