This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My plan for Mother's Day 2014.

So, I was reading some of the archives of a British member of this site, who was complaining about Mother's Day, and, while I didn't note the date of the post, in reading the replies it was mentioned that this celebration takes place in March instead of May.

Out of curiosity I looked on Wikipedia and discovered that Mother's Day falls on numerous different days (at least 31 different days that I saw) depending on the country you live in. So, I decided to try to celebrate them all.

If anyone is interested in following suit, I can post the different dates here (while the Wikipedia article contains most of them for 2014, there are 3 that are not actually dated on the Gregorian calendar: the one for Israel which is said to be on the 30th day of Shevat, the one for Nepal which is said to occur during the New Moon during Baisakh, and the one for Iran on the 20th day of Jumada al-Thani) and I also have them figured out for 2015, which is NOT in the Wikipedia article, yet.

Just though it was an interesting idea worth sharing.

SC

PS: I don't celebrate Father's Day, so someone else will have to take care of that one.
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

That's terribly sweet

Comment

Well, the one in South Africa this year is 12 May...
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I got my sister on board now.

By the way, this is partly a practical joke on my mom. She likes to say "Happy Mother's Day Week", or it's "Mother's Day Month". So, next year it really will seem that way.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

One step ahead of you re the fathers day:

Go-Go Wiki-Fu!
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
          X