This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coworkers may get in trouble

I didn't put this in CoC only cause ONE is becoming a problem but the other did an "oops" thing, and its not a big deal...I hope.

One coworker who constantly complains about not getting fulltime...called sick for two days. (I had to work overtime friday because of it, as well as come back within 8 hours on saturday morning) The note she left management raised eyebrows however. "I am NOT in a good mood, I need space, thanks in advance"

Last night, when it looked like I was going to stay overtime AGAIN (this time hitting doubletime range...) I tried to frantically call her but her phone was off....I had to call the coworker I was covering for...I felt really bad because that coworker was REALLY sick, but...despite manager approving it, just in case, I knew we'd all get in trouble if I got overtime twice in three days. >>

A third coworker had a bit of an "oops". Originally, I tried to switch her today's2-10 for my saturday's 4-9 because I had an important thing coming up. Manager did not approve, and I was okay with that. We all spoke about it over email.

She didn't see the response of the manager saying he cannot approve it. So...she is still out of town, and he'll have to honor it anyways.
    Oops. I really hope she doesn't get in trouble

Aside from these moments, I really do like my coworkers. lol Although the first...I dunno what to think....I just hope she is being honest about her mother's illness...but the note she left...maybe it was just a moment of bad feelings

I can understand being a little put off by the note. Cos up until you said "her mother's illness" I had figured the coworker was just in a pissy mood and wanted to be treated special because of it.

Although if she's taking sick days for her mother and not her own illness, perhaps she should look into FMLA, which may help with the emotional stress too, if she's losing money from the lack of hours etc.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      I can understand being a little put off by the note. Cos up until you said "her mother's illness" I had figured the coworker was just in a pissy mood and wanted to be treated special because of it.
      The thing is, we're not sure if its honestly that...I personally hope it is, but because she is also on call...and has her cell turned off...that may caused a raised eyebrow later...

Comment

Sounds like she's milking it and needs to learn by her ass hitting the pavement that people only care about your feelings in school, not the real world

Comment

The coworker who left the note? Put in her two weeks. I don't know why, but she mentioned having another job. It confused me cause she was constantly demanding and saying how she wanted to be full time, and they JUST gave her a raise too...

But...okay. o.O

Comment

The previous coworker? The one who demands full time, yet leaves early/calls in/switches shifts? We have one of those where I work. Look, if you want full time hours, then take the damn shifts you're given and quit whining.

Comment

Sounds like the replacement SM at an old GameStore (I worked at several, and "opened" most of them, because I was good at it) -- She was on salary, and did everything in her power to avoid working more than thirty hours a week, explicitly in order to have more alone time with her BF...While that was just as much lazy as sucky (not to mention a breach of her presumed contract), what really made it bad was that she manipulated her time cards to make it LOOK like she was working the standard 40-50 hours (or more like 80 during XMAS, if she was still there). Didn't last too long, fortunately.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X