This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's an ADULT!

A friend of mine and I were out shopping for a birthday cake for another friend, who's in his 40's. It was for a birthday party two days ago. We selected a chocolate 1/4 slab cake, and I wrote "Happy Birthday, (guy's name)" on a piece of paper as the message.

The employee then suggested a bunch of rings featuring cars and soccer balls, stuff that would be perfect for a little boy.

Wait. Little boy?

Did I mention that this friend is in his 40's??

We kept saying no, but she insisted. That's when I came up with the title quote:

"He's an ADULT!"

Today, I called up the birthday boy and told him what happened. He ended up laughing his butt off!!
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

I would've been tempted to put those on anyway. Or to ask them if they had any little plastic Playboy centerfold models.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Maybe you should've ordered one of these: http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2013/...men-cakes.html
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Friend of ours recently had a birthday, he is an adult. He almost got a My Little Pony cake, instead he got one that was all rainbows n stuff. His big present was wrapped in shiny rainbow paper and the one from his PARENTS was wrapped in Disney Princess paper. *giggle* Everyone had a good laugh over it, including him. And for the record, he is straight (well, far as anyone knows. He's got a kid, though granted that doesn't prove anything.).
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

or miniature beer bottles

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            Ok, now I'm imagining putting those little 'sample size' liquor bottles on top of the cake around the candles...
            "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

ooooo that'd be a fun cake to have.
              and i can imagine telling the employee "No, we're just going to put miniature booze bottles around the edge, thanks!" in reply to the kids-theme offers

Comment

Additional note: since the friend I was with is also male, I'm thinking that the clerk assumed that we were a couple, buying a cake for our son!
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  When I turned 21, I actually bought some little, teeny beer can candles for a cake...
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I'm a guy, and for my 31st birthday, my friends threw me a "Pretty Pretty Princess" party complete with My Little Ponies, a Disney Princess game, and a pretty pretty princess tiara, sash, wand, and heart-shaped sunglasses. The coup de grace was the pretty princess crown cake (pink, white, and purple icing), upon which was written "Nobody Loves You."

Best birthday ever.
                    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
                      Ok, now I'm imagining putting those little 'sample size' liquor bottles on top of the cake around the candles...
                      Or those liquor-filled chocolates wrapped to look like bottles of booze?

I wouldn't mind a cake like that...
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

This happened to a friend of mine, years ago. She went to a local grocery and requested a cake that said "Happy Birthday Roger and Gary." The cake she looked at had a few roses on it. The one she picked up had spacemen. Roger is her husband hand Gary was his brother, who was only a couple of years younger. They thought it was funny.
                        Women can do anything men can.
                        But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                        Maxine

Comment

Working...
                        X