This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post

-- Like humans, occasionally you'll find a cat with ocd. I watched a little black gremlin kitten pounce on a fluffy little Siamese, hold it down, and bathe it -- because it just wasn't clean enough.
    One of my cats can be OCD about burying her poop in the litter box. I've seen her spend several minutes in there scratching around, come out and walk away, come back and continue scratching. She also will occasionally go in after my other cat has been in there and bury the other cat's poop more thoroughly!
    "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Yesterday in my statistics class, the teacher cited a study that concluded that not nearly enough people wash their hands after using public bathrooms. Then he read Everybody Poops to the class.
      Unintended consequence of the switch to hot-air hand driers: since a significant proportion of the population doesn't wash their hands after using the bathroom, the door handle is likely to be contaminated. With paper towels, after washing and drying your hands, you can use the paper towel as a "guard" when opening the door, and avoid touching the contaminated handle (re-contaminating your hands in the process). It's no coincidence that washrooms with paper towels always have a trash can reachable from the door (even if there's no towel dispenser that can be reached by someone standing where they can reach the trash can). For some reason, businesses frown on people tearing the hot-air dryer off the wall and using it to open the door.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Unintended consequence of the switch to hot-air hand driers: since a significant proportion of the population doesn't wash their hands after using the bathroom, the door handle is likely to be contaminated. With paper towels, after washing and drying your hands, you can use the paper towel as a "guard" when opening the door, and avoid touching the contaminated handle (re-contaminating your hands in the process). It's no coincidence that washrooms with paper towels always have a trash can reachable from the door (even if there's no towel dispenser that can be reached by someone standing where they can reach the trash can). For some reason, businesses frown on people tearing the hot-air dryer off the wall and using it to open the door.
        I don't touch public restroom door handles. Period. If there isn't a paper towel to use, I'll use my shirt tail instead. People are disgusting, and I've seen way too much to ever trust anyone else not to be repulsive.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
          One of my cats can be OCD about burying her poop in the litter box. I've seen her spend several minutes in there scratching around, come out and walk away, come back and continue scratching. She also will occasionally go in after my other cat has been in there and bury the other cat's poop more thoroughly!
          My male cat does this. You can sometimes even see the little sigh he gives before going in to "finish the job." I tell him he's a good boy for cleaning up after "his babies."*

*Three sisters we adopted as tiny kittens a little more than a year ago after we already had two adult cats. Insane? Yes. Awesome? Definitely.
          "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Yesterday in my statistics class, the teacher cited a study that concluded that not nearly enough people wash their hands after using public bathrooms. Then he read Everybody Poops to the class.
            The only way this could have been made better is if he had placed a bowl of Chex Mix out beforehand.
            "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              Also, few forms of polydactyly in humans result in a fully functional additional finger or thumb - apparently the most common is a bit of finger-shaped flesh with a nail and possibly a bone, but no ability to actually be used. Just sort of .. ornamental.
              My grandmother had this exact thing, what they called a "skin finger". (It was surgically removed not long after birth.)
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
              X