This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Shorts: Yes, this is dog.

Wow, got a witch with a capital W today. I remember saying in work chat that P likes to try and catch flies with vinegar. He doesn't take well to this tactic being used on him.

Let's observe.

Me: [business]
    Woman: Hi! I tried to rent a boat on your webpage, but it didn't work.
    Me: That's because there is no way to do that on our website without us. What
    boat were you looking at?

I would know. I made the website. It'd be a bad idea to let the customers book themselves... especially when it gets to the 'must-have' dates, like 4th of july. I could hear it now: "But I booked it on your website!" "So did 10 other people ma'am.)

Woman: [fishing boat] and [giant boat.]
    Me: Okay, let me just make sure it's available. (checks calendars) Yes, it is. So what time were you looking to get it?
    Woman: Well, the [fishing boat] at 7AM, and the [giant boat] at... 6:30.
    Me: Oh, we don't open unti-
    Woman: But this is for the fishing tournament.
    Me: Well we still aren't opening-
    Woman: But you always open early for our tournament! You've done it for six years!
    Me:
    I've been here for three years and I don't recall opening early.
    Woman: You've never been here at 6?
    Me: No. We tried for a few tournaments, but we found there wasn't enough traffic to ju-
    Woman: Is this [business name]?
    Me: Yes, we're [business name].
    Woman: And you aren't opening early?
    Me: No, J said we won't o-
    Woman: Get me your manager! Or the owner!

I love how they think this will change things. Usually the owners both enjoy digging their heels in on this sort of issue.

Me: Alright, the manager is on the other line, and the owner is outside. I'm gonna put you on hold while I track him down.

I get P, one of the business owners.

The rest of this conversation is simulated, based on what I heard from P.

P: This is P.
    Woman: Is this [marina]?
    P: Yes, this is [marina.]
    Woman: Are you sure this is [marina]?
    P: Yes, this is [marina.]

Hence the title.

Woman: Why is this girl saying you won't open early? You've always opened early, for the last six years!

I'm assuming she didn't use more nasty words, of course.

P: We didn't own this business six years ago, but for the previous years, we may have come in early.
    Woman: You have to come in early!
    P: No, we don't.
    Woman: Well, we're responsible for over 30 launches!

Launches are $5, and the fishing tournament crowd takes glee in stiffing us this $5 anyway.

P:
    And we usually have you guys pay ahead of time, and you're free to pay on your way out.
    Woman: Maybe we should just go somewhere else!
    P: Maybe you should. That sounds like a great idea.
    Last edited by Cooper; 05-21-2013, 06:29 PM.

Quoth Cooper View Post
    *large snip*
    Woman: Maybe we should just go somewhere else!
    P: Maybe you should. That sounds like a great idea.
    And I'm sure she's still trying to process the fact that P didn't fall all over grovelling, offering to stay open all night if need be, to ensure that Woman and her cohorts would be happy ...

Comment

So, wait...she tried to use a possible profit of a whole great-big whopping* $150 to weasel you into opening early?

Wow, how could you resist?

*Sarcasm, of course
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        So, wait...she tried to use a possible profit of a whole great-big whopping* $150 to weasel you into opening early?
        Not only that, if I read this right - but it's $150 that they often try to welch on, at that! So, you should open hours early, paying whoever is there for those hours, with no expected income to cover those hours? Yeah, right...
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
        X