This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy for tomatoes

I was browsing in a discount store today and overheard a clerk telling this story. It seems a customer purchased one of those hanging tomato planters (not the ones As Seen On TV, but a generic version) and returned it the very next day.

When she asked him what was wrong with it, he said, "There's no tomatoes in there!"

Apparently he was very angry that he would need to purchase the tomato plants separately and exclaimed, "Just take it back!"
    Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

This guy sounds like the type who would buy fresh vegetables from a roadside stand and then raise holy hell because there's DIRT on them ... the kind who assumes that food grows in supermarkets in little plastic-wrapped packages.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how he thought a tomato plant would have fit in that box. Also, how would the plants be alive inside a box with no sunlight and no way to water the soil???
      Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

HH -- Quoth the SC, "I will shop here...Nevermore!" "It shows fully-grown tomatoes on the box, therefore, I expect to find fully-grown tomatoes INSIDE of the box! Do you expect me to actually do WORK?!" ... Imagine what this guy does when he opens a Chia Pet box...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X