This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happiest guy I've ever dealt with

I get the usual *beep* in my ear, I do my usual greeting.

"Hi Bean, I'm Cock, and I'm up for some help!"

I immediately start laughing, he starts laughing too. I pull up his account - turns out his last name is Cox, but he just goes with the more comical, er, rooster term. He's a very friendly, very happy, very talkative older gentleman (I'd guess mid 70s by his voice) - he really made my day, to be honest, I'd had a few crappy customers before him that had me in a bad mood.

He was having some issues with his email - I did a remote session into his computer, wound up being a really simple problem.

We push antivirus software (which is part of the reason why we always do a remote session when possible... to see what they're using *sigh*), I noticed he's running avast (which, IMO, is one of the best free ones, if not a bit overly intrusive if left to stock notification settings). I look at his account.. wait a minute, he's paying for our antivirus. And has been for nearly a year.

I ask him why he's using avast when he's paying for ours. He had no idea he was paying for it. It'd been added to his account in July of 2012. He had never added it, and I could find no notes on the account about it ever being added. Sadly, it's not that uncommon of an occurrence, especially since we get commission - but it was the bottom tier AV (which is strictly basic AV, no spam control, no connection monitoring, no firewall), which we don't get commission on. There's no reason for anybody to add it to his account unless he had specifically requested it. He's still super cheerful, just asks how much he'd been paying for it and how long it'd been on, and said he'd be fine with me just removing it without credits.

I conference CS in to remove it, before I bring him on the line I ask if we can do any credits. We can do some credits, but maybe not all the way back to July - I bring him on the line, introduce him to CS, and sit on the line while I finish my notes (my aftercall time sucks). They issue a credit covering most of the charges, he's still all smiles about it, still joking and laughing with the CSR.

Whatever he's on, I want some of it.

Quoth bean View Post
    "Hi Bean, I'm Cock, and I'm up for some help!"

I immediately start laughing, he starts laughing too. I pull up his account - turns out his last name is Cox, but he just goes with the more comical, er, rooster term.

I conference CS in to remove it, before I bring him on the line I ask if we can do any credits. We can do some credits, but maybe not all the way back to July - I bring him on the line, introduce him to CS, and sit on the line while I finish my notes (my aftercall time sucks). They issue a credit covering most of the charges, he's still all smiles about it, still joking and laughing with the CSR.
    Sounds like he definitely got more than his worth in that conversaition - would you say it was more like his $0.049?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
    X