This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¨La Justicia Es Rápida¨-or- Some Things Are Universal

Greetings from south of the border! I´m currently on vacation down by Cancun, and just had to share this sighting on the roads while shuttling from the airport to the resort.

So we´re stopped at a traffic light when I see a guy on a motorcycle slip by against the red light on a motorcycle. Moments later, I see a city cop go the same route, their lights already flashing. Sure enough, after the light turned green, we spotted Motorcycle Guy by the side of the road, the cops right next to him.

Nice to see that some things are universal.

I´d say more about my trip, but obfuscation is mandatory by my contract with The Client. And my room has a drinks dispenser in it. Vodka, tequila, rum, and brandy right at my fingertips! And it´s ALL-INCLUSIVE!

I don´t wanna leave, and I just got here!
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Wow! Have a great time while you're there. Don't forget your sunscreen.

Comment

Can you convince your client to accept another person? I'd gladly go there with you.

Comment

I had heard recently that in SOME US states/areas, it is actually legal for motorcycle riders to treat red lights as if they were stop signs, provided that there is NO cross traffic nor vehicles attempting to turn -- the reason being, that their bikes are too light to set off the weight sensors at certain intersections.

Can anyone confirm/elaborate upon this?
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Halo_miles View Post
          Can you convince your client to accept another person? I'd gladly go there with you.
          I should elaborate: this isn't a Client-sponsored trip. This was something I was doing myself, as my cousin was having a destination wedding down there.

It's just that, per SOP for The Client, they prefer if I'm vague about specifics.

@EricKei-- I had wondered the same thing when I saw that motorcycle go through the intersection, but when I saw the cops pull through after him, and then saw him pulled over at the side of the road? That's when I knew he was just another sucky driver.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
          X