This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast can you replace a road?

So not too far south of us we had a pretty big bridge collapse on our interstate around 7pm. Thankfully there were no fatalities, but it's causing a huge traffic snarl since it's on the main arterial between here and Seattle.

A guest with a reservation called a couple hours after the collapse.

Guest: "Yeah, I had a reservation, but there's a bridge collapse."
    Me: "Yes, I heard."
    Guest: "So, uh, are they going to fix it tonight?"
    Me: "Um, it's going to take a while. The bridge collapsed. Both north and southbound." And I'm sure WSDOT can totally pull a brand-new bridge out of their butt two hours after one collapses.
    Guest: "Really? I don't think I can make it up there tonight then."

I proceeded to cancel his reservation and waived the cancellation charge due to the odd circumstances.

Really? Fix it tonight? Just...really?

(There are one or two detours, but I can only imagine how backed up they must be since none of them are even close to being designed to have that capacity traffic.)
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 05-24-2013, 05:05 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I heard about the collapse. I'm originally from Portland, and my first thought on hearing this was OMG the I5 is gonna get ridiculous!
    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

If it weren't for the feedback you'd get, you should've told the customer, "Oh sure; it should be done in the next half hour." And then taken a pool on how long the guest would be stuck in traffic.

Comment

Working...
      X