This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    ... anyone who might be driving somewhere that is far hotter than their normal climate, i.e., Phoenix in July.
    I.e., from the snowy slopes of the alternate destination.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
      I had the awfullest mental image from the title.. a literal rash, made up of tiny heads with REALLY BIG MOUTHS, all yelling stupid stuff and making demands. No ears, because why bother, it's not like they're gonna listen!
      Heh. You too?

As for the "I have a line" story, that's similar to the sucktomers I'd get at the wholesale club who would come up to the express register, cutting to the side of the line, and ask to get lotto tickets (either to buy or redeem).

Once or twice, I'd take care of them if they had just one ticket to redeem, but when I started getting people with multiple tickets, or wanting to make a purchase, I started telling them to get in the line.

When the sucktomers whined about it (express register's lines could get long, as it was also the only one where they could buy cigarettes), I told them, "When I have to help you, I'm not helping them. It's only fair you wait in line like everybody else." They dropped the complaints and got in line.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        if you're in your 20s, or worse, just barely past 21, shut the fuck up and have your ID, or don't bitch about not getting served. Dumbass.
        "Wow! You don't look anywhere close to thirty-five to me." was my go-to line for those types. Unless they had attitude. Then I'd just head point the doorman over....

Quoth Jester View Post
        Read the paper, chill out, decompress, have a soda, take a walk, whatever. I have a story about my smoking manager giving me, a non-smoker, grief about taking a break
        I make all my non-smoking coworkers break with me. The way I see it, I'm not taking a break to smoke, I'm smoking whilst on my break. A five minute breather (so to speak) earns management a LOT more return than that five minutes costs. At any job.

Not too long ago the owners wife overheard me yell down the stairs "Hey Fakename! You better not be working down there." to a coworker during break. She gave me the CBF, but didn't say anything. Even a silver-spoon princess kinda understands that pushing people every second is really only prudent business when they're manacled to the bottom of the boat...

Comment

Re: carding: I just started noticing signs that say "If you look like you're under FORTY you will be carded". It's like they suddenly figured out that if someone over twenty-one can look like they're sixteen, there's also a possibility that someone under twenty-one can look much older.

Comment

Grype, while I can't comment on where you are, in my experience, those signs are not at all new. And by that I mean that I was seeing them 20 years ago.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
              Re: carding: I just started noticing signs that say "If you look like you're under FORTY you will be carded". It's like they suddenly figured out that if someone over twenty-one can look like they're sixteen, there's also a possibility that someone under twenty-one can look much older.
              I love this policy. My CSM's take on it was, "If the hair ain't gray, card it! If it's bald, card it!" Yeah, some of us snarkily asked about bald people

My hubby, at the age of 20, looked to be in his late 30's. I, a year older than him, looked to be in high school. Can't judge on that, but gray hair is a pretty good indicator of age. Pretty good. Hubby is in his late 30's now and has gray hair.
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                Can't judge on that, but gray hair is a pretty good indicator of age. Pretty good. Hubby is in his late 30's now and has gray hair.
                Not always. My brother and I both started going grey in our teens. We got that from our dad, who started greying in his teens and was totally silver by his late twenties.

I also had classmates back in high school with male pattern baldness, so that's not a good indicator either. Basically, if they have a relatively youthful face, card them!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Our policy was "If they look older than the manager." However now that we've switched managers and our current is only 25 I tell the trainees this:

Look for gray hair and crows feet. If they don't have those two TOGETHER they get carded.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Try us! Post the stories, please!

No, really, post the stories!
                    Okaaaaay..... if you really insist.

But, it'll be a few days until I can. I'll post it in a separate thread so as not to threadjack THIS one.

Comment

Working...
                    X