This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky customer who asked me a question regarding a freeway

I was sweeping the 2nd floor of one of the garages I am responsible for today when an older male approached me with a question. Here is what happened.

older male: "Excuse me, but is that *x freeway* right there? *he points to it*
    me: "I am sorry, but I am not really sure. It could be *x freeway* or it could be *y freeway*. You could try asking security on the third floor of the building. They may be able to help you out."
    older male: "So you do not know if that freeway is *x freeway*?
    me: "I am sorry, but I do not drive, and so I do not know what freeway that is."
    older male: "I do not believe you. You do not know how to do you job? You do not know the area you work in?"
    me: "I am sorry, but my job is the garage."
    older male: *sounding frustrated*: "Ok, fine."

He walks away.

Wow, by that logic anybody working anywhere near that freeway should consider it part of their job.

I don't drive either, so when someone on the phone asks me how to get to our building from pretty much anywhere I transfer them to a co-worker who does drive.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I hate when people come in and ask for directions. Even though I've been living in this area for a while now my knowledge of the area is limited. I know where the stuff I need is. The one highway people look for is confusing to explain. Then all kinds of restaurants and stores and especially banks but with the way they keep changing names I couldn't tell ya what is where.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
        I was sweeping the 2nd floor of one of the garages I am responsible for today when an older male approached me with a question. Here is what happened.

*snip*

older male: "I do not believe you. You do not know how to do you job?

*snip*
        You must have a fun time trying to sweep the freeway ...

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
          You must have a fun time trying to sweep the freeway ...

Comment

I don't believe you...
            So, he called you a liar? Why would you even bother??
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              Presumably because it distracts from the small detail that the SC himself didn't know something...
              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                The parking garages I work at are part of an area of parking garages managed by the parking company I work for.

There is an employee I know who told me that a former porter got into an arguement with a customer at that particular garage because the customer was rude to him. That employee was fired.

Since I do not want to get fired, I have to put up with the rude customers. Yea, I wish I could have walked away when he accused me of being a liar.

He was a jerk.
                Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 05-26-2013, 03:56 PM. Reason: fixed broken tag

Comment

Condo

When my Mom bought our first condo, we could clearly see what looked like a highway from our front window. But at no time did we know if we were looking at the I-75, the Florida turnpike or just a long feeder road to either of these two highways.

Even just looking at the map did not help, a week later I walk over to the road in question and found out that it was I-75.

Basically, one can live within walking distance of a major roadway and still not know which on it is.

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                    Presumably because it distracts from the small detail that the SC himself didn't know something...
                    Or he has a "small detail" he doesn't want leaked out . . .

As in comes with magnifying glasses and tweezers.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

One time, I was exiting work after a grueling 12 hour shift and was waiting to cross the street when a car pulled up. They asked for directions to the school that was about 3 blocks away and i couldnt gather up the words to tell them how to get there. Yeah, I looked crazy but eventually I spit out something coherent and they drove away. I always wonder whether they made it or not. lol. Since im not a driver, its hard for me to tell people how to drive to get there. Walking directions though...im the bestest.

Comment

People seem to think that gas stations are a wealth of information about the area in which they reside. It comes from years ago when you could get directions for full service gas stations and/or maps.

Now I know about the area because of the towing and having to learn maps but it gets maddening when people come in looking for something even I never heard of, and it's usually like 80 miles away too. Sorry.. Pennsylvania is a super big state filled with tiny towns. We don't know them all.

Comment

Working...
                        X