This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my Quest for a new job!

A few months ago I mentioned wanting to get out of hotel works and work as a dispatcher. Well, I failed my first test near my house so I reapplied somewhere near my family's house, and the process is STILL ongoing. I've talked to the other dispatchers there and they said the hiring takes a loooong time, months! She said hers took EIGHT months. WTF!
    Meanwhile I have to gather references from people that I know that are nice enough to say I'm a good person. Then I have take psychological tests to prove I'm not a nut. The only thing I'm "nuts" about is getting away from hotel as possible! The psych test aren't so hard, but getting people is. I have to ask favors, something I was raised aganist doing. Luckily, there are a lot of people who said they would, mostly coworkers, past and present. I was frankly surprised at how many people said they'd help me. Faith in humanity: restored. Of course, it is one thing to say okay and another thing to actually pick up the phone do it. Most were shocked and surprised that I want to leave. Really? They've seen how horrible it is. It's not as bad as retail or serving, but it's definitely not something I want to do FOREVER. I don't want to be like my manager, 60+ and STILL working, getting paid peanuts and answering vicious hate mail every day. I want to retire someday! With a 401K and lots of $$$.
    Well, in conclusion, I'll need lots of luck to actually get hired, so you all please send good vibes and good mojo my way, and pray if you're into that! I'll need all the luck that I can get! Thanks! Hopefully my next pose will be at the Bragging Base that I got a New Job!!
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Sending you some really, really good wishes for a dispatcher's job -- in less than eight months!!

Comment

Working...
    X