This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bad Side of Towing

Sadly, not all Tow Companies are as Honest as Argabaga's. There's one in Detroit that gained infamy on a Judge Judy case recently (sadly I can't find a link for that; it reaired last week).

Karma has bit him, but left a lot of people in a lurch.

He would pick up cars at a mall parking lot, and charge 400$ to release them, plus a 60$ pickup if you can't get it by 5PM that day.

The owner of the restaurant at that mall has been towed six times..

At least he probably won't be doing any more pickups at least.

I love how Lawson commented on the story about him.

Comment

oh my gosh. What a piece. of. work.
      My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

If I was the owner of one of those cars, I'd have the guy charged with grand theft auto. What a douchebag.
        A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
          If I was the owner of one of those cars, I'd have the guy charged with grand theft auto. What a douchebag.
          Wouldn't work because he's authorized by the property owner to tow.

Now filing a lawsuit against the property owner over it...
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
            Sadly, not all Tow Companies are as Honest as Argabaga's. There's one in Detroit that gained infamy on a Judge Judy case recently (sadly I can't find a link for that; it reaired last week).

Karma has bit him, but left a lot of people in a lurch.

He would pick up cars at a mall parking lot, and charge 400$ to release them, plus a 60$ pickup if you can't get it by 5PM that day.

The owner of the restaurant at that mall has been towed six times..

At least he probably won't be doing any more pickups at least.
            You might be able to find the case here:

http://www.judgejudy.com/archives/2013-02-12
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
              I love how Lawson commented on the story about him.
              His replies ... pretty much solidify the story against him rather than rip it apart.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                Wouldn't work because he's authorized by the property owner to tow.

Now filing a lawsuit against the property owner over it...
                This, if you've been mis-towed, don't even bother with the cops, go directly to civil court, it's a civil matter, and you'll only waste the cops time and they hate that.
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Which is partly how this sleeze was spotted in the first place. A nurse who worked at a nearby hospital had her car towed while she was having lunch at the restaurant at that strip mall, She sued the towing company in this case and won solidly, because she had proof that the tow company's claim was holier than the pope.

Technically, she probably should have gone against the lot owner, but it didn't make a difference in the end.

And yes, that JJ link is the correct one for the case. Thanks for finding it. It was a very satisfying case, since you so rarely have someone with a mountain of evidence to support her side, against someone who could barely find a witness. You could tell Judge Judy was having fun playing out the rope enough to hang that tow truck driver. And I've watched enough JJ to know she doesn't have anything against towers; she's sided in their favour numerous times, when they do have proper paperwork and such; this guy was just pure sleeze plain and simple and everyone could tell it.

Comment

Working...
                  X