This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the line of custies on friday

Thank you, thank you so much for putting up with what happened.

First guy had come in earlier with an older xb360 he was selling to bring down the price of the newer model. This takes a bit anyway, but I can usually get it done rapidly once I've checked one or two things. Since I've checked them when he went home to nab a controller, this should take 3 minutes or less. And then... the computer decides to die on me, freaking out when I go to finalize the transaction, forcing me to void out the whole thing... and start over. Upon which it will not accept one of the items as trade, except as a lesser item due to it insisting the other item doesn't exist. Meanwhile the guy is utterly calm and relaxed, not stressing out at all. I finally decide to take it in as the lesser item, then give him a discount for the amount that it should have been, since we're now up to 5 minutes and my brain is switching into panic mode over the increasingly full store and line.

So I finish his transaction, apologize to him for the wait.
    "Nah, it's fine. I worked retail for five years, I know how it goes some days."

Next person also has a trade, but his goes smoothly, entire line has apparently worked retail as all of them chime in that I'm clearly going as fast as I can, and not to worry. So thanks very much to all four of you for being patient with me.
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

Awwww....we are the most understanding people.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

One other little moment of awesome.

Had 2 younger girls in my store 9-12ish?

G1: Excitedly waving Mario Kart around, waiting for her mom: "I want to play this! It's so awesome!"
      G2: "But... Mario is for boys...." sounds annoyed
      G1: "Pft. I own it, and I'm not a boy. So it can't just be fore boys."
      Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
      Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
      -Unknown Author

Comment

Working...
      X